Looking for a new 37" LCD

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I am looking to replace my 37" Samsung LN-T3732h lcd because of the hdcp deal that will keep me from using component. Hdmi makes the tv look cloudy. I even took it back for another and had the same result. Check the cable and then though it was my 622 but it is not the case. Hdmi on this sammy does not look good at all. The other probelm I have is that I have this tv mounted and I need my new tv to fit the VESA 200 x 200 pattern. That is a must. I have looked at Toshiba and Sony. I could go as big as 42" but am not sure if I could use the same mount( which I said, is a must. Any suggestions??? I wouldn't mind getting another Sammy if I knew the hdmi would work like the compnent. I really do like this tv.

Thanks

I am looking to replace my 37" Samsung LN-T3732h lcd because of the hdcp deal that will keep me from using component. Hdmi makes the tv look cloudy. I even took it back for another and had the same result. Check the cable and then though it was my 622 but it is not the case. Hdmi on this sammy does not look good at all. The other probelm I have is that I have this tv mounted and I need my new tv to fit the VESA 200 x 200 pattern. That is a must. I have looked at Toshiba and Sony. I could go as big as 42" but am not sure if I could use the same mount( which I said, is a must. Any suggestions??? I wouldn't mind getting another Sammy if I knew the hdmi would work like the compnent. I really do like this tv.

Thanks

New sammy or Sharp would fit the bill nicely. The Sharp Aquos 37" now supports 1080p and 6000:1 contrast. :)

What technology today - satellite, cable, telcos - insists on using a digital connection to the display?

Diogen.

I have a Toshiba Regza 37'' LCD, I love this TV. It has 3 HDMI inputs and 2 components and I'm very impressed with the picture quality and colors. The sound is really good for a TV too. I think the model is 37HL67. SD looks pretty good too with Dish Network and it has video settings galore to adjust to your liking.

Here it's at CC:

Buy the Toshiba 37" LCD HDTV and other LCD & Plasma TVs at circuitcity.com

I have a Toshiba Regza 37'' LCD, I love this TV. It has 3 HDMI inputs and 2 components and I'm very impressed with the picture quality and colors. The sound is really good for a TV too. I think the model is 37HL67. SD looks pretty good too with Dish Network and it has video settings galore to adjust to your liking.

Here it's at CC:

Buy the Toshiba 37" LCD HDTV and other LCD & Plasma TVs at circuitcity.com

Randall,

Thanks. This is the one I was looking at. Can you tell if there is any difference in the hd picture using hdmi or component??
Also. I have not been able to find out about the contrast ratio on this one.

Randall,

Thanks. This is the one I was looking at. Can you tell if there is any difference in the hook up to your reciever using hdmi or component??
Also. I have not been able to find out about the contrast ratio on this one.

Right now I have the 622 connected directly to the receiver using component but I also run the HDMI cable to the A/V receiver and I don't notice any difference in the picture. I do remember making some initial adjustments to the picture though. But like I said, this TV has adjustments galore for the video settings.

As far as the contrast ratio goes, some say it's only 800:1 but the black level on this TV is very good. Honestly, I would try it or go to CC and look at it and decide for yourself. You may want to read this article in PCMag:

LCD HDTVs: Bright and Sharp - Toshiba 37HL67 REGZA: Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine

Tiger,

One more thing, the viewing angle on this TV is not that great. Some people over at AVS forum say that you have to turn off Dynalight or some other setting but I didn't like the way it looked with Dynalight off. If you have a direct viewing angle then you should be OK.

Probelm solved. I was going this weekend to take this tv back and purchase another. Looked for the last time on the Samsung website for a firmware update. None. So I called. They let me know that a firmware update had just been released but was not on the website. They e-mailed it to me, I loaded it. Probelm solved. Fixed my hdmi problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts