Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I've been out of it for a while, now I'm about ready to get a new box. I'm looking for the following features, in order of importance (only listing the features that "every" box doesn't have):

- DiSEqC 1.2/1.3 Motor support
- Blind Scan
- Slingbox compatible remote codes
- S/PDIF optical port
- 4:2:2
- DVR (record and playback of "events"; pause and rewind live tv)
- HD
- transponder/channel list can be downloaded somehow and edited, then uploaded back to the box

What, if anything, comes close to what I'm looking for? Without breaking the bank?

I've been out of it for a while, now I'm about ready to get a new box. I'm looking for the following features, in order of importance (only listing the features that "every" box doesn't have):

- Blind Scan
- S/PDIF optical port
- HD
- transponder/channel list can be downloaded somehow and edited, then uploaded back to the box

What, if anything, comes close to what I'm looking for? Without breaking the bank?

Check this one out: VISIONSAT IV-200 PVR SATELLITE RECEIVER - SatelliteAV, LLC. Sorry for original wrong url

- Blind Scan
- S/PDIF optical port
- HD

honestly no such animal.
The Visionsat IV300 (dont think its out yet)has most everything on there. It does not have HD, 4:2:2. The 200 (that I use) has a DVR but no buffer in it (the 300 has a 40 minute buffer)

That looks like a really nice unit at first glance. But it looks like the 200 doesn't have 4:2:2 or HD and SlingBox doesn't know what it is (yet) unless it's found under another brand name.

The 200 doesn't have a buffer? What does that mean, you can record something, but can't just hit the "pause" button in normal viewing like I'm used to with the Dish units?

The 200 doesn't have a buffer? What does that mean, you can record something, but can't just hit the "pause" button in normal viewing like I'm used to with the Dish units?

correct. Most FTA boxes don't have a buffer to store what is being shown at that time. The Visionsat you can add a Hard Drive and record whatever you want but it only records when you hit record.

The IV-300 and the Coolsat 7000 have an internal 40 minute memory that buffers the program when you are watching the channel (like Dish boxes do)

slingbox?

Holy cow. Does slingbox recognize ANY fta receiver? I have pansat 2700 and coolsat 6000. Does slingbox recognize either? If so, my addiction will hit another level!!!

I never even dreamed about doing slingbox with a fta receiver. If this works . . . . . woo hoo!!!!

Holy cow. Does slingbox recognize ANY fta receiver? I have pansat 2700 and coolsat 6000. Does slingbox recognize either? If so, my addiction will hit another level!!!

I never even dreamed about doing slingbox with a fta receiver. If this works . . . . . woo hoo!!!!

I use a Coolsat 5k and a Sonicview SV-HD8000 with my Slingbox. You do have limited remote usage with a phone, but most functions on a PC

if Slingbox supports all the remote buttons you can do anything from the pc that you can do sitting in front of it with the remote in your hand.

I'm now planning to move my slingbox out near my satellite receiver. But, that isn't anywhere near my router. I know you can get bridges (wired and wireless) that help make that connection. But, I am clueless where to start. I'd prefer not to spend a fortune, but I'd like to make it work.

Any suggestions? I have a wireless network, so a wireless bridge would probably be the easiest I think.

If this isn't an appropriate question for this forum, sorry about that. Feel free to move it if there is a better place. But, this is honestly the friendliest, most helpful place I've found on the net. So, I thought I'd ask. Thanks for any thoughts!

There are other threads here where a wireless bridge has been discussed. Possibly a "game adapter" would be the least hassle to setup.

Regarding the new FTA box, I am leaning toward the coolsat 7000 microPVR at this point but still looking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Amg

Heartland Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)