Looking for a new FTA receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Surely there has got to be "someone" out there with more receivers than Tony has listed ;) ... maybe linuxman?

I counted 8 different brands of fta receivers that I've had since just this past spring (when I started with FTA) and 4 DVB cards... I've had a few more delivered to my home, but either immediately installed them at someone else's home, or traded them away before even opening the box

Here's my list:
Fortec Classic NA (x2)
Dreambox 500-s (x2)
SatPros DSR-550s

Traxis 1500
Digiwave DG7000s
Lava 3200
Pansat 2500a

SPACESTAR DVB-700S
TwinHan VisionPlus 102g
TwinHan 1020
Hauppauge Nexus
Technotrend DVB-S 1.5

I want to get into some more linux boxes and some HD stuff, but I'm starting to find that I have no time ... heck, the only boxes that I've actually used in the last month are the one of the Fortec Classics, and one of the Dreamboxes

I still have version 1.00 in my Coolsat 5000 but might upgrade to 1.01 to see how that works. I know 1.00 has a lower meter reading (82 is max) but I don't see any bigs in it that I know of
well it probably wasn't a bug but on 1.0 the meter read low and on the motor moving pop up screen it was smaller and 3/4 of the time worked for me 1/4 of the time it said it was moving it didn't.

How did it make it better, George? Inquiring minds wanna know! Its not like there arent 5,483 bin files out there right now we could use, with them chasing the ECM's that the providers are using...

well i know i said better but for me it was clearly better than the 1.0 version. its not better than the 1.01 version and i wouldn't flash it if i had version 1.01 back. its weird and maybe it was just me. the factory filmware loaded on my coolsat version 1.01 is different that the version 1.01 that you can download. the preloaded version 1.01 seemed to have a bit smoother motor control. (searching for information and will edit it in ) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)