Looking for a simple target shooting game.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I have several now that are cute and work well with my PS3 and the Move pistol accessory. The problem I have with these are they all are combat soldier war, or shoot the bad cowboys and there is lots of foul language. I don't mind this personally, but my 5 year old grandson wants to play with the pistol / Move PS3 and I just don't want him playing a game at his age with all that foul language.

Is there any simple Move/PS3 target shooting like in the Carnival booths, shoot the ducks off the bench or the spinning wheel style game?

I'm not sure how much shooting gallery games are in this, but there's actually a Carnival Island game for the PS3/Move. Though not a pistol, the two Sports Champions games and Medieval Moves have archery. And Playstation Move Heroes has some shooting type mini-games. I highly recommend that game anyway as the most family friendly Move game I've personally played. Other than that, I really can't think of any Move compatible shooting games that would be appropriate for a five year old, though you might also look into Sorcery (shooting with a magic wand) and Epic Mickey 2 and Unfinished Swan (shooting with a paint brush).

EDIT: One more idea, though I haven't played it and it's rated T, there's The Shoot, which has gallery type shooting scenarios. The video shows some older kids playing it.

I have the The Shoot and it's about as violent as I would like. Killzone and SOCOM are out until he gets much older.

I ordered Carnival Island, Sorcery, and Big Game Hunter. They look interesting and not expensive.

Thanks for your support.

Now is definitely the time to mop up some of these overstocked older Move games when they can be had for $5-$10. I'm trying to resist the temptation to pick up some more.

I took advantage and bought a couple. Had the Grandsons over last evening and we tried out the Carnival and Cabella's hunting game.

The Carnival game is difficult to get to the part where you are in the shooting gallery but once there is is a fun game for all, but a bit of a challenge to hit the minimum score to 2000 points. I'm still having trouble calibrating the aim but I think my Move camera is mounted too high above the screen. Need to experiment. Most of the game are other carnival challenges like ring toss and other typical arcade activities that have nothing to do with shooting. Either way, the 5 year old had fun with it.

The Cabellas hunting game is not realistic as a hunt but more like a target range with popup animals. Regardless, it was a fun game and my 5 and 2 year old like killing the big game. I had a problem with the rifle as some of the controls locked up the game so I need to experiment with that. We hooked up the move controller to the Niko pistol and it worked much better. Besides, the stock seems too small for me so it shoots easier from the hip. They make a different rifle for the game that I don't have. But the one I got is the same one pictured in the controls screen so it should work.

The other game I bought for under $10 was some star wars like space shooter game. We didn't have time for that one. I also bought Socom and haven't had the time to test that either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)