Status
Not open for further replies.

(((Garyd)))

Retired C-Band dealer
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
diamondsatellite@snet.net
An old buddy of mine who has a 300 acres farm in Brazil and he wants to set up a sawmill there, with money rates it makes it better to buy it here and ship there, I told him I don't know anyone but will try here

I'm looking for advice on a good model to buy

Because they use the metric system in Brazil (and the rest of the planet), it would probably be best to buy a mill that is set up for it.

No specific recommendations.

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
Their flexible price seems more important it seems
I was speaking more to seeking out a unit that is designed for metric measurements. An acquaintance of mine uses one.

On the topic of cheating death and taxes, money rates are often offset by import duties/taxes so it isn't entirely about the selling price. It may be possible for a third party to get around these tariffs but that's going to require some research.

Putting something on a boat to South America and having it actually reach the addressee is a fairly big production. You're probably looking at a Less than Container Load (LCL) forwarder if the unit ships in pieces or a 20' can if it doesn't.

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
I was speaking more to seeking out a unit that is designed for metric measurements. An acquaintance of mine uses one.

On the topic of cheating death and taxes, money rates are often offset by import duties/taxes so it isn't entirely about the selling price. It may be possible for a third party to get around these tariffs but that's going to require some research.

Putting something on a boat to South America and having it actually reach the addressee is a fairly big production. You're probably looking at a Less than Container Load (LCL) forwarder if the unit ships in pieces or a 20' can if it doesn't.
he ships a container each month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)