Looking for an HDTV

paulsonj72

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I have decided(after getting the new DirecTV system) to upgrade to an HDTV for myself. Here is what I have learned so far. Based on the distance from my chair to where I keep the TV stand (8.5 feet) I need anywhere from 34-51 inches. So it looks like 32-40 inches is what I will be getting as that fits my budget. I am looking at an LED 60hz set. I still am not sure if I should get 720p or 1080p. Anyway I still have a long time to decide what kind of set to get. But based on these parameters what are some good HDTV sets out there. Thank you very much.

32-40 from 8.5 ft is a little small imo. Go 50 inch at least. As far as brands i'd stay with the major ones like samsung, panasonic, sony ect......... My 50" panasonic plasma is still kicking after nearly 10 yrs. And don't buy from walmart, Their Tv's are stripped down lacking inputs,outputs, hdmi's and who knows what else!

50" minimum, 55" might be your sweet spot. I have a 52" 11' away in my bedroom.

I suggest a little stroll thru Costco to see what they have. At the one near me, there is nice variety and good prices. And you can't beat their returns policy.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Dirtydan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts