Looking for antenna recomendation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

packratt

Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
VA
The geniuses in DC that came up with this DTV crap need to have a foot placed square in the crack of their A**.

Only have one TV (kitchen) that isn't on dish and don't really want to put it on dish.

With the indoor antenna I can get most of the channels except for the one with the good local news 12.1. If I move the antenna to the middle of the floor I can get that channel. If you are standing and moving around the other channels may blink out.

I ran a long run of coax out of the house and moved the antenna outside and got a stable signal on most of the channels but lost 35.1.

The first 6 channels are the ones I'd like to get and have gotten since they were introduced in analog with just rabbit ears. 29.1 and 19.1 were occasional pickups in their analog format and would be nice to get but not mandatory.

My preference would be an attic mount for the antenna but I don't know if the metal roof would interfere too much.

With channel 12 in the mix, a Winegard HD7694 should get you the first six aimed about 140 degrees magnetic. You'll also probably get 45.1 and maybe 39.1.

A metal roof will kill nearly all your signal in the attic unless you are shooting out the end of the attic.

The attic mount would have made life alot easier. Exterior leaves me with 2 choices eave mount and chimney mount. The chimney mount will make cleaning the chimney a major pain so I guess it's eave mount.

With the distance being about 18 miles I guess one of the Omnidirectional Wineguard MS-1000 wouldn't be viable.

With channel 12 in the mix, a Winegard HD7694 should get you the first six aimed about 140 degrees magnetic. You'll also probably get 45.1 and maybe 39.1.

A metal roof will kill nearly all your signal in the attic unless you are shooting out the end of the attic.

The Winegard HD7694 is an excellent recommendation. That is the antenna that I use on my home. One other consideration, and a little less money, would be the Antennacraft HBU22. I installed one of these for a friend of mine and it worked great too.

The geniuses in DC that came up with this DTV crap need to have a foot placed square in the crack of their A**.

Only have one TV (kitchen) that isn't on dish and don't really want to put it on dish.

With the indoor antenna I can get most of the channels except for the one with the good local news 12.1. If I move the antenna to the middle of the floor I can get that channel. If you are standing and moving around the other channels may blink out.

I ran a long run of coax out of the house and moved the antenna outside and got a stable signal on most of the channels but lost 35.1.

If you are the least "bit" :D handy, you can make your own. My experience has shown that if rabbit ears used to work, then Grabbit Ears WILL work. FREE Plans and pics are here: GrabBit Ears