Looking for best deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Hi, we are a senior couple that has been with Dish for15+ years and are tired of paying $100 a month to watch tv on two tvs. We currently have a vip722 and top 200 programing. The channels we watch are TBS,TNT,HGTV,DIY,HIstory,Hallmark,Hallmark Movie,Fox Southwest and the sports channels that show college basketball in the fall and winter.

We have talked about going the "switch every two years" route since loyalty to one provider is more expensive than switching around. At our age, cheaper programing is more important that fancy equipment and the latest tech.

My question is, what equipment and package would we need to watch what we watch on three tvs with a basic dvr and any idea what this would cost per month.

Do you have AT&T Internet available at your location? Only reason I ask is because if you bundle with AT&T, you get all of your services locked in for 2 years! If not, you will get a special price for 1 year. With the channels you want, I would go with the XTRA package. The CHOICE package has TBS, TNT, HGTV, History, Hallmark and Fox Sports Southwest but it does not have DIY Network, so that's why I would recommend the XTRA package as it covers all of them channels, other than one, which goes for both. In order to get the Hallmark Movie and Mysteries channel, you would also need to add the HD Extra Pack for $4.99/mo. For some reason the CHOICE, XTRA and ULTIMATE do not come with that channel. It does come with the regular Hallmark channel but not Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. I have found that if you have the HD Extra Pack and remove it, it allows you to keep adding it back for Free every 3 months, so if you wanted to do that, you could save the $4.99/mo. As far as your equipment, DIRECTV now offers up to 4 receivers in the cost, including HD and DVR service so you would get the XTRA Package with the HD Extra Pack with 1 Genie HD DVR and 2 Genie HD Mini Clients for $78.62 plus taxes for 1 year. If you used a referral, you would get an additional $10 off your bill for the first 10 months. So, for the first 10 months you would be paying $68.62 plus taxes with a refferal. The final two months would then be $78.62 plus tax. That's including the regional sports fee that will come with Fox Sports Southwest. You would also save $4.99/mo if you did what I told you to with the HD Extra Pack, so if you did that, you would subtract $4.99 from the prices I gave you. You would get the NFL Sunday Ticket free of charge for this season and you would get HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtime free for 3 months. After the year, it would go up to $118.99/mo plus taxes. Hopefully I didn't leave anything out and I hope this helps you!

So if I switch to AT&T Internet , the price is guarnteed for two years. Thanks.

So if I switch to AT&T Internet , the price is guarnteed for two years. Thanks.
That is correct. I would call 1-855-567-1663 and ask them what the best deal would be for you bundling TV & Internet. I would still recommend the XTRA package with the HD Extra Pack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts