OTHER Looking for Chaparral Cheyenne information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gargap

Original poster
Sep 16, 2022
Hungary
Dear members, I've purchased a Chaparral Cheyenne receiver, sadly without the remote (the former owner lost it).
I'm looking for any information about this device, an user manual would be really nice. The receiver works, the PSU has been checked and regenerated by a technician. I'd like to use this receiver to steer a dish with a motor. On the internet I only found a manual for the 100C plus, which has similar connectors. That box (and the Cheyenne too) has 2 RJ11 sockets, one is labelled Data Link Input, which should work with a PC serial port. I've tried a desktop pc with serial port, and a USB-serial adapter, but none of them worked. From the manual it would accept commands from a pc, but I couldn't find out how. If anybody has some information, how to get this box working, would be accepted.
(I wrote from Hungary, but here and also in Europe i think this receiver was very rare, on the internet i could hardly find any information about it.)
I've got (and bought several) universal remotes, but none of them work, only one can change channels up/down, nothing else. But the menu would be the most needed key here :)

Wow, that receiver came out starting in like 1987!

I can't find any manual for it online, it predates general public use of the internet. Perhaps somebody here has one, and can scan it in and post it for you.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco