Looking for current E* sat parameters...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Can anyone provide me with the following information? or point me to where this information is up-to-date. I greatly appreciate your kind assistance!

For each of the current E* satellites 61.5, 72.7, 77, 110, 119, 121 (I've heard information (from a E* installer) that 77 is dead, and no longer being used; if this is correct, please note)

1. Orbital location (listed above), but whether it is E or W (because I'm a little confused here; 61.5, the dish is pointing SE, but from what I've seen elsewhere, it is listed as 61.5W, same with 72.7 and 77)
2. Freq
3. SR
4. LO
5. H or V
6. Whether to program the meter to 22KHz on or off

Please edit below each, by adding an E or W after the orbital, and the numerical values required---

Freq -
SR -
LO -
H or V -
22KHz (on or off) -

Freq -
SR -
LO -
H or V -
22KHz (on or off) -

Freq -
SR -
LO -
H or V -
22KHz (on or off) -

Freq -
SR -
LO -
H or V -
22KHz (on or off) -

Freq -
SR -
LO -
H or V -
22KHz (on or off) -

Freq -
SR -
LO -
H or V -
22KHz (on or off) -

77W is part of the eastern arc (61.5, 72.7, 77) for Dish subs and is in use. You're missing 118.7W, 148W, and 129W. 129, 119, and 110 is the western arc for Dish subs. E and W are the longitudinal directions from the Prime. Longitudes to the west of the Prime are designated W and longitudes east of the Prime are designated E. All Dish sats are west of the Prime so have a W longitude.

77W is part of the eastern arc (61.5, 72.7, 77) for Dish subs and is in use. You're missing 118.7W, 148W, and 129W. 129, 119, and 110 is the western arc for Dish subs. E and W are the longitudinal directions from the Prime. Longitudes to the west of the Prime are designated W and longitudes east of the Prime are designated E. All Dish sats are west of the Prime so have a W longitude.

Thank you for that additional information, do you have any of the parameters that I am requesting?

Or can someone else please provide?

Thank you.

hillsmi said:
Thank you for that additional information, do you have any of the parameters that I am requesting?

Or can someone else please provide?

Thank you.
Pardon the bluntness but of what possible use could that information be unless you are a satellite engineer, in which case your employer has it?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Pardon the bluntness but of what possible use could that information be?

The particular meter I have allows to enter the parameters that I am looking for, in order for the meter to correctly identify the satellite being hunted. With the satellite specific parameters, the meter will only identify one bird in question, and will not give a false positive ID.

well the easiest thing to do is check Lyngsat
North & South America - LyngSat

22k is always OFF
LNB LO is ALWAYS 11250 unless its 118.7 then its 10750
Depending on the meter (if it can do DVB-S2 8PSK Turbo) you can use them. Or otherwise find a transponder that has a 20000 symbol rate and make sure the freqneices dont overlap as example

so on 110 use TP1 (both 119 & 129 have spotbeams there)
119 use 11 (110 and 129 have spotbeams)
129 the only DVB transponder is 21 but 119 also has a 21 ;)

well the easiest thing to do is check Lyngsat
North & South America - LyngSat

22k is always OFF
LNB LO is ALWAYS 11250 unless its 118.7 then its 10750
Depending on the meter (if it can do DVB-S2 8PSK Turbo) you can use them. Or otherwise find a transponder that has a 20000 symbol rate and make sure the freqneices dont overlap as example

so on 110 use TP1 (both 119 & 129 have spotbeams there)
119 use 11 (110 and 129 have spotbeams)
129 the only DVB transponder is 21 but 119 also has a 21 ;)

Thank you much ICE, for the above. I will head over to Lyngsat and see what is available there.

What type of meter is it that you are trying to setup?

Fist Strike FS1 - Apparently, it needs all of the parameters to obtain a lock. I've got F and SR. ICE just posted the LO for the LNB, and advised of the 22K setting, so I will try that and see if it gets me where I need to be.

ICE - can you confirm that the LO for the EA 1.4k LNB is 11250? Does this vary from LNB to LNB for Dish? (you said the 118.7 is 10750)

Thanks

Last edited:
All of Dish's current satellites (61.5/72/77/110/119/129) use LNB LO of 11250 EXCEPT the following 2
118.7 (International satellite) and 121 (used only for some business accounts) have a LO of 10750

Fist Strike FS1 - Apparently, it needs all of the parameters to obtain a lock. I've got F and SR. ICE just posted the LO for the LNB, and advised of the 22K setting, so I will try that and see if it gets me where I need to be.

Go to their website, and request the satlist at First Strike Meters Contact. I have this meter and have used it quite a bit prior to picking up a Bir-Dog. The meter will serve you well. Not the most intuitive but still a good meter for the price. Their website will also tell you which sats will not show you a lock, but you'll still no that you are picking up that bird and can check other readings to no when you are peaked. You can also DL the software from their site to create and load your own custom sat list. Say you want to add every tp for each bird on the arc you are trying to sight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)