OTHER Looking for DiSEqC Motor for 1.2m Dish

TheBUDGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2015
Lexington, KY
I am having lots of trouble finding a DiSEqC motor for my GEOSATpro 1.2m dish. I’ve been looking for one recently because I have enough money to spend for one. The only problem is that the only listing I could find on eBay was for a motor that can only support a dish up to 36". I don’t know of anywhere else to find one other than eBay. Does anybody have any suggestions?

A Stab HH120 is pretty much the gold standard for 1.2 m dish motors. Unfortunately, they are in extremely short supply worldwide right now and you will have a hard time finding them in stock anywhere. I'm not sure what the deal is. Perhaps there are COVID-related supply chain issues or something is going on with the company that manufactures them. Stab is a small comapny in northern Italy. I see their Google Maps listing is showing "temporarily closed."

I am having lots of trouble finding a DiSEqC motor for my GEOSATpro 1.2m dish. I’ve been looking for one recently because I have enough money to spend for one. The only problem is that the only listing I could find on eBay was for a motor that can only support a dish up to 36". I don’t know of anywhere else to find one other than eBay. Does anybody have any suggestions?
I see Hypermegsat and Rick's Satellite are both out of stock. Only place I found that claims to have them is here:

I've never bought from them before and the price is a little higher ($199.99 + shipping) but if you want it and they have it then.... :rollingeyes

I would call them first to make sure before placing an order. Good luck! :)

I see Hypermegsat and Rick's Satellite are both out of stock. Only place I found that claims to have them is here:

I've never bought from them before and the price is a little higher ($199.99 + shipping) but if you want it and they have it then.... :rollingeyes

I would call them first to make sure before placing an order. Good luck! :)

Don't deal with the Satellite Shop, if you value your money and time.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I might buy a spare when they become available. An HH120 is listed at glorystar.com for $350+shipping. Seems a tad expensive.

Thanks for the info. As I said, never dealt with them, just posting a possible option for the OP. If I may ask, what was your experience with them?

Lots of promises, glad to take your money, claimed to ship, but never receive your order.

If you choose to try buying from them anyway, use Paypal, and document everything.

Hypermegasat said he expected to have more stock of Stab HH120 by Christmas. I sure need one. My DG2100 has served loyally for years but is way underpowered for a 1.2m.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!
Christmas, eh? I was hoping to find one before the election just so I could easily swing the arc for various election feeds.

I was looking around and came across this on Amazon: Amazon product ASIN B07D5VTP1R
Does this seem legitimate?

EDIT: Turns out the seller is also on eBay. They're based out of Quebec. I believe I actually bought my 1.2m dish from them also. The price is $120 + $28 shipping.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Christmas, eh? I was hoping to find one before the election just so I could easily swing the arc for various election feeds.

I was looking around and came across this on Amazon: Amazon product ASIN B07D5VTP1R
Does this seem legitimate?

EDIT: Turns out the seller is also on eBay. They're based out of Quebec. I believe I actually bought my 1.2m dish from them also. The price is $120 + $28 shipping.
It has the Amiko brand name on the box so hopefully it is good quality. :) Then again who knows where anything is made these days. So much is just branded and actually just comes from the same factory overseas. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)