Looking for FTA DVB-S2 & ATSC unit with DVR and blindscan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
I have not read a list recently and I was looking through some older posts. I posted a little the other day about wanted a unit that can pick up over the air and satellite. All in one unit that can record. So my wife can schedule the FTA sat stuff and OTA. It has to be user friendly for wife too. Non technical once I set it up for her.

Thanks,

Josh

eh the closest thing to that would be a Pansat 9200 with the DVB-S2 board...but note it is buggy

closest item that works is a azbox Premium + but that doesnt have ASTC tuner

I have not read a list recently and I was looking through some older posts. I posted a little the other day about wanted a unit that can pick up over the air and satellite. All in one unit that can record. So my wife can schedule the FTA sat stuff and OTA. It has to be user friendly for wife too. Non technical once I set it up for her.

Thanks,

Josh

So do we, m'friend, so do we. Unfortunately at the present time it seems to be on the shelf right next to the pixie dust and unicorn milk. :(

Yea I was looking at some of the pansats. I found one for like 250.00. But I couldn't tell if it had a board, needed a board and if it was say from ebay if it had the correct board. Also I still needed to find out if it had any dvr recording feature. I had was looking into a pansat 9200HD. But I like the look at the TC-1000HD though. I could honestly do without the dvb-s2 for now. but would be nice to add in later.

Thanks,

Josh

I've been listening to Mike Kohl talk about the new "Manhattan" receiver that he's been testing lately. It does DVB-S2 blind scan, AC3, AAC audio, and I *think* it does over the air too, but I'm not 100% positive. The AAC audio is a big one for me - I want to tune into the AAC radio feeds on C-Band. The "Manhattan" might be worth looking into as well. It should be available for sale in Mid January.

I have a TC-1000HD from pansat and it works better than my 9200 on OTA reception and seems to be less buggy but still will freeze once in a while when scannning alot. I was even able to use the 9200 editor to set-up and edit the sat list for it. I do have the S2 module in mine but haven't done any DVR with it (no hard drive) so I can't speak about that feature.

...So my wife can schedule the FTA sat stuff and OTA.
It has to be user friendly for wife too.
So do we, m'friend, so do we.
Unfortunately at the present time it seems to be on the shelf right next to the pixie dust and unicorn milk. :(
Stogie's not just being funny.
I've kept track of all the receivers as they've come out and been discussed.
Some of the best PVRs were from SatelliteAV, but he isn't doing an S2 box at this time.
If you want friendly end-user control, go subscribe to Dish or Direct.

Alternately, for the OTA part of your request, you might get the Dish Pal DVR, if it's still available.
($250 - 300 range)
I chose a big laptop with a HDhomerun dual tuner and Vista Media Center.
(software came with laptop, tuner and remote cost about $100).

That isn't bad. But I wanted to go for something that was closer to all in one. The next receiver I'm going to purchase will do HD via S2. But I don't have my big dish up yet. I don't have to get the dvb-s2 yet. But would want that down the road. I was also thinking it would be nice if one of these mfgs had a internal hd connector. I think a few years back coolsat or something did. I know one of those educational only boxes did. But I cannot remember if it was a coolsat or pansat or just a no name clone. But this was before HD. Would be cool if pansat had one. Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)