Looking for FTA installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chankour

Original poster
May 2, 2005
I am looking for a reputable FTA installer in the Littleton, MA area (40mn North of Boston MA, 20mn South of Nashua NH), Can anyone recommend one?
If there is a better forum for this kind of questions, let me know.

--CH

From my limited experience, if you have the physical capabilities of doing it, its much better to attempt the install yourself. In the end you will learn so much about your system, how it works, etc. It was an invaluable (albeit sometimes hair-pulling) adventure and experience for me.

I have installed my first FTA satellite dish maybe 16-18 years ago, and many more thereafter, mostly 3m and 1.8m (not in the US), they were all analog. I had also designed and built analog receivers at the time.

I have also always installed my own dishnetwork network equipment, but I have been out of touch with the FTA world for at least a decade, and I wanted to set it up, but so far, I have been unable to get any satellite, and to be honest, I am not sure if I am doing completely wrong (I have researched and read tons of material) or my equipment is just defective, I just got to the point where I am just fed up and want it setup by a professional.

Thanks for the replies and sorry for picking up the wrong sub-category. I am gonna go check that URL now.

Chafik

No dice with the dbsinstall link, not a single FTA installer within a 150 mile radius....
I still have hopes that someone here knows someone, who knows someone... :)

Chafik

chankour said:
...so far, I have been unable to get any satellite, and to be honest, I am not sure if I am doing completely wrong (I have researched and read tons of material) or my equipment is just defective, I just got to the point where I am just fed up and want it setup by a professional.

Chafik

I'm with You! I don't know which way is East or west at this Point and am rapidly loosing interest.

Sooo are there any installers in East Texas/ Northwest Louisiana?

Cegarrett

Member SKSATELLITE in that general area! Drop him a PM if he is not close he MAY know someone : )

Ahhh a new job? "The Flying (FTA) Doctor"... Airfare might be a little too much...

Since it seems that there are other people with a similar situation as mine, I am sharing where I got so far. I have tried the online yellowpages without any luck, then I decided to try our old friend google. Keywords I used are "free to air" satellite installer mystate
I have already contacted those guys from RI: nesatellitesound/freetoair.html (fill in the blanks, since it seems I cannot post URLs). I have absolutely no connection or experience with those folks, on the other hand if any of the forum members know about them and would be kind enough to provide some feedback, that would e appreciated.

Chafik

Cegarrett said:
I'm with You! I don't know which way is East or west at this Point and am rapidly loosing interest.

Sooo are there any installers in East Texas/ Northwest Louisiana?

Cegarrett

Central Louisiana here.... BR area. That would be a good drive for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts