Looking for Installer in Quad Cities, Ia.

preynolds

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I am looking for someone to install a new Shaw Direct system in Davenport, Ia. Would prefer an installer who is experienced and who would do a roof install. I used to have a Bell system but gave it up a few years ago when they raised prices. Now it looks as if Shaw is the way to go. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I am looking for someone to install a new Shaw Direct system in Davenport, Ia. Would prefer an installer who is experienced and who would do a roof install. I used to have a Bell system but gave it up a few years ago when they raised prices. Now it looks as if Shaw is the way to go. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I live just an hour drive SE of the QCA. Hopefully today the guy who installed my big dish is coming over to align my just arrived Shaw direct dish. I have it all put together and up on a mount and am using my old Bell cables to go inside the house, so the time consuming stuff is all done. I tried to get a signal on it for about 30 min yesterday and was unable to. He normally does Dish network stuff now.I will ask if he is willing to come up and do your install, you will first need to get the equipment. I suspect if he does he will want extra for the travel time involved. He ives 3 blocks from me so that is no problem for me.

Thank you for your quick reply. I have not ordered the system as I wanted to be sure that someone was available for the install. I used my former Bell wiring for another sat system so he would have to start from square one. Do you have the smaller dish or the larger one? Please let me know how your alignment goes. Thanks again.

Thank you for your quick reply. I have not ordered the system as I wanted to be sure that someone was available for the install. I used my former Bell wiring for another sat system so he would have to start from square one. Do you have the smaller dish or the larger one? Please let me know how your alignment goes. Thanks again.
The Shaw direct install went OK. I had it about 90% done when he got here. I had the dish assembled- you will need one of their special ones I got the bigger of the two offered and getting 95% signal out of 100. Currently waiting for porgrammes to appear! The unit I ordered is dual tuner so it needs two wires coming into the house, I used one from the Bell dish (currently not being used) and another I ran into the house as a spare when I put new siding on the house 2 summers ago- have another spare just in case.I talked to the install guy and said that he might be willing to do it depending onw hen you needed it done and sicne you are a biut further than he ussually goes he would need to be paid for a couple hours drive time. He dioes Dish network instalss on a regular basis and also put up my C Band dish and TV tower so he has been doing this for awhile. His business is called Dans TV in Wyoming IL. Call in morning hours since he does outside service calls in the afternoon.

Thanks for the info. Hope your download goes fine. I will call Dan's TV if I can't find someone locally. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts