Looking for local installer in Tahoe

crimer

Original poster
Aug 22, 2005
San Francisco area
Have just had both Dish and DirecTV out and company guys can't install due to tall pines on my lot blocking 1 or more satellites. Common around here.

Both installers agree I have a great tree perfect for dish mounting...but only a private installer can do it (guess the company guys are prohibited from attaching to a tree).

I have been searching in vain through Google for someone local (Reno/Tahoe) with no luck.

Anyone on this forum know a good listing of local installers for this area?

Thanks! I will be doomed to Suddenlink if I can't get this to work :-(

Attaching a dish to a tree is precarious. The tree grows taller and you lose signal. The tree sways in the wind and you lose signal..... You will not be happy with a tree mount, for long.....

Why wont a pole mount work? Are they telling you to mount it high in a tree? I wouldn't recommend it.

The problem is that to get a hole in the sky through surrounding trees the dish needs to be about 30 ft up. The tree I'm describing is a 3-foot wide giant sequoia so it doesn't move ever.

Not ideal but no other option I'm afraid...alas the hunt for a private installer continues.

The bigger problem might be when the "hole" starts to close up.

That being said, my 500 dish has been about 15ft up a tree for almost 10 years, never had to adjust it.

Don't get it. People asked me to do that allll the time. I did it a couple times and both times within 6 months they had nothing but issues and at that point they were locked in a 2 year contract and couldn't even watch what their paying. Do not get this. You will regret it once it goes bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)