Looking for new receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
My Neusat SP6000 died, I tried to load the 6000SP production bin into it but to no avail, guess it's time to get a new receiver.
I see CNX Nano for sale at dealers for $99, not the Nano 2 just the Nano. Is this a good receiver? I have tried to search on here for a review but no luck. Or can anyone suggest another unit around the same price. Must be able to load updates via USB, I don't have a serial port on my Mac and besides most updates I am unable to open,some I can others no. I had to borrow a computer to try and load the production bin into the Neusat.

Thanks for the good words StanleyJohn. The GEOSATpro DSR200c receives regular firmware upgrades for hobbyists and upgrades. Sells for $125 and you are supporting a SatelliteGuys Spnsor!

The Nano is a little brother from another mother and is a bit immature...... :neener Doesn't receive the updates and upgrades that benefit the hobbyist. :(

What about the Omegasat 5700 that Brian mentioned in another thread?, it's closer to the $99 price range. I don't know if it has USB or not but Brian can fill in the details. He can also get a USB to RS232 adapter

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, this sounds like it might fill the bill, I like that it downloads any firmware from a satellite as most firmware is in a windows file and I can't open some of them on my Mac and would have to borrow a windows laptop from a friend to download update to a USB flashdrive, this would eliminate that step with this receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts