looking for recommendation on size of PVC pipe to use...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I currently have a 5LNB slim mount on my roof... sans the actual dish. I have a arial antenna installed but since the mount is actually mounted to the side of the roof, one of the support arms is blocking me from turning the antenna in the direction I need to aim it at.

SO

What is the best size PVC pipe to either slip over the mast or place in the mast.

I assume if I place it inside the mast, I'd need the OD size of the PVC pipe
and if placed over the mast, I'd need the ID size of the pipe.

Since its not for satellite use - I hope its OKAY to still post here - and it don't need it to be very "tight" as this is as strict of alignment than DBS requirements - and I on;t need about 2ft of height....

thank you all...

Uhmmm, why not loosen the monopole, and lower it to a place (down the mast) that is convenient for you.....

Uhmmm, why not loosen the monopole, and lower it to a place (down the mast) that is convenient for you.....
You can do that, but the lower you move the monopole, the less stable the dish becomes.

I missed that in the original post. Regardless, the fact remains that the lower the monopoles on the mast the less stable the mast will be.

I missed that in the original post. Regardless, the fact remains that the lower the monopoles on the mast the less stable the mast will be.
maybe. The most structural sound polygon is a triangle...... So having both braces at mid point forming a triangle is actually the best approach. This is actually the ViaSat approved monopoles placement method since their antennas are heavier than DIRECTV®'s

The larger the triangle, the stronger it is. That's why having the monopoles as high as possible is the strongest. Of course the base has to be as wide as possible, too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts