Looking for some help on H3 and mixed arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shellyw9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Hello I just got the H3 installed yesterday but dish had them put us on the Western Arc instead of the Eastern Arc where my local HD are. I was wondering is there a way to hook up the wing dish that they left to get 61.5 The installer I had was new so he didn't know if it was possible

Was this a new install? Not sure if Dish changed you from EA to WA as an existing customer, or did WA as a new customer. Don't know why they would change arcs for an existing customer.

No wing Dish scenarios are currently supported, a new DPH42 switch to be released SOON will be needed. Even then Dish may not want to support mixed arc scenarios.

If the tech thought it was line of sight issues and he was that new, I'd try and get a more experience tech out there to look again. I've been told on two installs there was no LOS, and had to tell the tech "yes there is" and show them where the dish needed to go.

Nope I have been with Dish for 16 years. Was supposed to be switched to eastern arc years ago but ground was frozen and they left up the mixed arc. When I chatted with the dish rep they said that the installer would put up the eastern dish no problem since I didn't want to lose HD locals

I am going to cut off a few branches he thought was in the line of sight and get another one out to change it. Not to mention that my dish is on the ground and there is open grass with nothing obstructing. I think a more experienced tech would have moved the pole so it would work

Because of no HD locals prime time any time will not record

I think a more experienced tech would have moved the pole so it would work
Some techs seem to hate pole installs. One of the cases I mentioned was a pole install and he wasn't happy about it. It's more work and they probably don't get paid any better for it. They probably don't expect it, but if they had a "make it work" attitude to begin with there would have been a pretty good tip involved, not so when I have to tell them how to do their job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)