Looking for used DISH receiver

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I need to add a VERY low cost receiver to my Dish Network account for about 3 months and don't want to buy a new one for such a short time. I don't need a dish, just the basic (non DVR) receiver and any needed card and remote. I was looking on ebay and one person says the card doesn't matter since Dish needs to send a new one, is this fact or fiction ? I have been out of the sat biz for several years now so am not sure what to look for on ebay or even here if there are any used units to be had.

Dish cards are married to it's receiver and the seller should be sending the card with the receiver (although there are many receivers with the smart card built into the units), that e-bay seller may have a hacked card. Dish will activate the receiver without a card, but they will charge you (I think it's like $15) and the receiver won't be activated till you get the new card.

I have an old model 4000 in my basement. It was working when I retired it. I'm about as certain as I can be that it'd need a new card though.

You could get a new one with the correct card from the site sponsors for not too much more than a USED one. Even your existing receiver(s) may need a new card vey soon. I dont think the ebayer was necessarily hacking.

You could get a new one with the correct card from the site sponsors for not too much more than a USED one. Even your existing receiver(s) may need a new card vey soon. I dont think the ebayer was necessarily hacking.

The e-bayer may not be a hacker, but according to the post, he/she is willing to sell the receiver but not the card. He/she is either ignorant or a hacker, just not sure which.

I need to add a VERY low cost receiver to my Dish Network account for about 3 months and don't want to buy a new one for such a short time. I don't need a dish, just the basic (non DVR) receiver and any needed card and remote. I was looking on ebay and one person says the card doesn't matter since Dish needs to send a new one, is this fact or fiction ? I have been out of the sat biz for several years now so am not sure what to look for on ebay or even here if there are any used units to be had.

Does anyone know of any sponsors here that may have a used unit (BASIC unit) that will last for the winter. If you have not read my OP then please take a look at it before you answer.

I have an old model 4000 in my basement. It was working when I retired it. I'm about as certain as I can be that it'd need a new card though.

So do I...and last I checked they wanted $60 for a new card which I'd need to activate it. It wasn't much more expensive to buy a 311 instead.

Search item 130262364107 on ebay. Thats about as cheap as you are going to get. Be sure to get the R00 and S00 numbers from the seller and check with Dish that it can be activated before you buy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts