Looking to buy new Dish Receivers, need advice/suggestions!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lwvmobile

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
Tallahassee Area
Currently I have a Vip722 and an old 301 receiver that isn't hooked up but I want to use. Don't currently have a switch in use(I did have a DP34 I think but it doesn't work with the 1000.2), just two lines feeding into the 722 from the 1000.2 satellite. What I want to do is run two more SD feeds to two other bedrooms, preferably with separate receivers and not one box, and get another 722 so I can dual tune HD on one television and run in single mode.

To recap, I wanna set up 3 SD receivers, and 2 HD 722 receivers(don't care about sling loading), and my current set up is just two cables running from the 1000.2 into the 722 I do have hooked up. Also I want to eliminate one of the cables running into the 722 I currently have, but don't have the correct splitter.

So to make it easy, just give me a quick list:

1) Which Switch? Going to need 5 feeds coming into the house.
2) Which Splitter? need one for each 722 I get or other HD receiver if you guys recommend otherwise.
3) Which SD receiver should I look for?
4) Where should I get it?
5) Is it a considerable pain to get dish network to activate receivers on your account you didn't buy from them? what is the standard procedure for doing so?
6) Any other recommendations, concerns, comments, or questions?

Also, I should mention on number 4, I'm not really looking into having Dish Network come out and hook me up. I talked to a rep and they want way too much money to lease or buy their equipment. The guy I spoke with couldn't even clarify if the 449 for the HD duo was a lease price or a buy price nor could he tell me which model it was.

I've got plenty of RG-6 cabling, so thats one thing off the list lol.

Any help would be very appreciated.:eek:

Last edited:
Well the first thing to consider is this, even if you buy your equipment, you are still going to have to pay more monthly fees due to more equipment. It would probably be better just to sign up for a new 2 year contract and pay the one time upgrade fees. As for the technical side, you would need a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch. Run three lines from your existing 1000.2 to the switch. The attach the 34 switch that you have to the first two outputs of the 44 switch. You will use the 34 to feed your 311 you have. You will have the two 722 and two new 211k receivers on the 44 switch. A 211k is a single tuner hd receiver. Might as well get those insted of getting older 311s.

Hawker, why would you try trunking a SW34 onto a SW44? The DiSeq coding is different and it WILL cause problems.

Mobile, how many tvs are you looking to hook up total? It sounds kinda like you mean 2-722s(1 or 2 tvs each) and three standard tvs. If that's right, you do need the SW44 still(~$149), the second 722, and a 322 which will run two standard tvs without you needing a fifth sat feed, and saving money over buying 211s. $449 should stil be the correct price to purchase a 722 outright

You are going to be paying out the but for all this, if you want to buy the recievers and own them that is fine but in order for the whole set up you want, (even though there are better solutions) you will need 2 44 switches( they have only 4 outputs each, so 5 recievers needs 5 ports,( not cheap), pkus for it to work correctky you are also gonna 3 singles, or duals, as a 1k.2 will short out the swich or vis versa, that means a w bracket. Buy the recievers then pay dish to install them and tell them what to expect so the installer has a good idea exactly what he will need fkr your outside equipment. Or dont take my advice at all, your call

Legacy switchgear is not the answer. Does an SW34 even exist?

The answer should lie in not using both cables on the ViP722. Unless someone has messed with the Dish 1000.2, it should have a DPP Twin on it that will support two receivers. If someone has messed with it, the easiest solution would be to put it back to original.

If i read this correctly you want two 722s and your old 301. If so, your set as far as switchin goes. One line from the 1000.2 to each receiver, with dpp seperators on your 722s. I would try a DIU Dish It Up promo for the new722 but if they won't give it to you for free or close to it, call me at 9545749956 and I can ship one within 24 hrs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)