Looking to get another HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
How/Where can I get the best deal? Called Directv they just offered me one for over 200 bux, I remember there use to be the new box for 99 or 199? Thanks!

are you under contract? what dvr are you trying to get?
check your online account, many times they offer one as a free upgrade if you have a non dvr unit

what is your current setup?

I don't believe we are under contract, we've had directv for 2-3 years now. Have 1 HD DVR & 1 SD DVR. My community has a separate company that gets us directv, so I can't make any changes online, have to call or buy directly. Looking to upgrade to SD DVR.

HDDVR is normal $199. If they want more that must be an install or shipping fee.

You can push for a discount with the cancellation department, but if you are really new into your contract you won't have much leverage.

Thanks, we apparently don't have much leverage. Community pays for our service (70-80 bux per home I believe), so we only pay out of pocket under 20 bux. Not like I can cancel due to the community involvement, so 199 it was & ordered. Was hoping there was somewhere online that had it cheaper, but apparently not. Thanks everyone.

From my own personal experience I have found that the person that you are talking to on the phone Direct makes all of the difference in the world. I wanted to add three HD DVR's to my package. I am still under contract because I just added a new HD DVR last year.

I called the first time and they quoted me $199.00 per unit plus the $49 for installation plus $20 bucks (a handling charge I think) plus tax. All together over $700 for everything.

At that time I hadn't made my mind up so I told them I would call them back. I called the second time with a few questions and got the same quote. The next day I decided to go ahead and order. The person I spoke with was very nice, and I ended up getting all three HD DVR's and installation for $200 plus tax! I was very excited to say the least.

Only reason I say that is the apartment complex I moved into (suburban Minneapolis, MN) uses them too. The office manager said I HAD to go through them but when I moved in I hooked up my HR34 and it worked fine (after a reboot for the new sat setup).

They give us 4 SD receivers for "Free" (well $50 install) and a HD DVR is $199 (plus the $50 install fee). No way around it

Only thing I dont like is the HD signals arent as high signal wise as when I had it at the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)