Looking to order dish network

fre55799

Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Mcloud, OK
I DON'T want to be on a contract
I DON'T want to pay an activation fee

What can be done here, if I decide I don't want to be on a contract they want me to pay a 49 dollar activiation fee, which I am not willing to do.

Are there any promo codes right now to waive the activation fee?

Any help would be great, thanks guys!

I was able to get E* with no out of pocket expenses, additional promo discounts and no 2 year contract.

Maybe I got lucky. but it's all in what you ask for. Start the conversation out with "I want to make the jump from cable, but I want to know that satellite is stable". Another tip...Contact them via the chat on their website, they will have somebody call you back and it's a different dept than you would normally speak with when signing up. Those folks seem to be a lot more generous.

Good luck!

What can be done here, if I decide I don't want to be on a contract they want me to pay a 49 dollar activiation fee, which I am not willing to do.

Call Dishstore.

Sounds like you should get Cable.

Wow...tough crowd.

The guy asks for some help/advice, and he get's flamed.

Just ask for what you want. If you don't get it, then tell them thanks and hang up. Wait a little bit and repeat the process. Somebody will give you what you want.

They have the flexability, you just gotta find the CSR that's having a better day than the previous one.:up

Wow...tough crowd.

The guy asks for some help/advice, and he get's flamed.

Just ask for what you want. If you don't get it, then tell them thanks and hang up. Wait a little bit and repeat the process. Somebody will give you what you want.

They have the flexability, you just gotta find the CSR that's having a better day than the previous one.:up

No offense, but you sort of came across as a beggar. When you've got a group of people who've served out commitments, paid there regular dues, and generally sucked it up while the new guy gets sweet deals you might want to get ready for some not so helpful advice. Remember you'll be getting a "deal" just for signing up. If you can get out of the commitment though more power to you.

No offense, but you sort of came across as a beggar. When you've got a group of people who've served out commitments, paid there regular dues, and generally sucked it up while the new guy gets sweet deals you might want to get ready for some not so helpful advice. Remember you'll be getting a "deal" just for signing up. If you can get out of the commitment though more power to you.

Thats not his fault or doing. Thats the flawed system that dish created and he is playing by it.

Thats not his fault or doing. Thats the flawed system that dish created and he is playing by it.

Flawed as in what sense? Like I said in my final sentence, if he can do it then "more power to him". I just tried to tell him why some weren't quick to help him out.

Well thanks to the (few) people that helped me out, I ended up getting out of the contract and not having to pay the activation fee, and they are giving me a 40 dollar credit on my first bill. So once again thanks to the people that actually had something good to say.

Well thanks to the (few) people that helped me out, I ended up getting out of the contract and not having to pay the activation fee, and they are giving me a 40 dollar credit on my first bill. So once again thanks to the people that actually had something good to say.

Well Done.

And Just because you got a bit of a bad start, don't let that keep you from hanging around. Great place and great group of guys......mostly:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)