Looking to upgrade existing Joey to 4k Joey, and add additional Joey - Upgrade fee?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Opto_isolator

Original poster
Aug 1, 2018
Orlando FL
Long time customer with the silver protection plan. We have a Hopper 3 and I think one of the Joey 2.0's. Wanted to add an additional Joey since we added a new TV in one of our other rooms. Also was considering upgrading the other Joey to a 4k Joey as well. They wanted to charge me a one time equipment fee of $50 to upgrade the existing Joey, as well as an additional $50 to add an existing Joey. Does this sound right or is there any way to get those fee waived?

Thanks

Long time customer with the silver protection plan. We have a Hopper 3 and I think one of the Joey 2.0's. Wanted to add an additional Joey since we added a new TV in one of our other rooms. Also was considering upgrading the other Joey to a 4k Joey as well. They wanted to charge me a one time equipment fee of $50 to upgrade the existing Joey, as well as an additional $50 to add an existing Joey. Does this sound right or is there any way to get those fee waived?

Thanks
A 4K Joey is $50.00. No way around it. A truck roll for a custom work order is $50.00, but many CSR's will wave the fee and set it up as a different work order, like a trouble call, etc., which btw, I am totally against, personally.

A 4K Joey is faster than a Joey 2 but not as fast as a Joey 3. If you don't specifically need 4K I'd get a Joey 3.

A 4K Joey is faster than a Joey 2 but not as fast as a Joey 3. If you don't specifically need 4K I'd get a Joey 3.
I did not know the 4K Joey is slower than the Joey 3. Do you think DISH would charge me to swap out one of my 4K Joeys for a Joey 3?

I don't know the answer to that one. Haven't had anybody request that here.
I called DISH about swapping out one of my 4K Joeys for a Joey 3. They would do it for no charge but a service technician would have to do it, new 2 year commitment, and my purchased Hopper 3 would have to be deactivated till the technician showed up (in a week closest appointment available). So I said no to that. I didn't mind the technician and new commitment, but why deactivate my purchased H3. Didn't understand that and the CSR couldn't give me a reason why. Any body heard of that before?

Reactions: JSheridan
I called DISH about swapping out one of my 4K Joeys for a Joey 3. They would do it for no charge but a service technician would have to do it, new 2 year commitment, and my purchased Hopper 3 would have to be deactivated till the technician showed up (in a week closest appointment available). So I said no to that. I didn't mind the technician and new commitment, but why deactivate my purchased H3. Didn't understand that and the CSR couldn't give me a reason why. Any body heard of that before?

Never heard of that at all. Very strange.

You could probably buy one and get it activated yourself.

You know the golden rule of CSR's; if one doesn't give you what you want, call back and talk to the next one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts