Looking to Upgrade, Need some Advice

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
I have 4 tv's hooked up to my current dish systems. I have a dish 500 with a 322, 811 and (yes its old) a model 4000. I currently have 1 hdtv and three analogs. I am getting another hdtv. I want to replace the 4000 with a 211. I called a couple weeks ago and was told that I could do that and get a dish1000, but I could not keep just the hdpack, but had to pick one of the other 3 hdtv packages. If I did that they said my 811 would stop working for hi-def sat signals. Is that true? Can I keep the low end hdpak for now. I may upgrade my programming in early spring when my 1yr subscription is up. I also get HBO, Super station and SportsNet package. What do you guys recommend?? Thanks in advance.

Should still work

I have 4 tv's hooked up to my current dish systems. I have a dish 500 with a 322, 811 and (yes its old) a model 4000. I currently have 1 hdtv and three analogs. I am getting another hdtv. I want to replace the 4000 with a 211. I called a couple weeks ago and was told that I could do that and get a dish1000, but I could not keep just the hdpack, but had to pick one of the other 3 hdtv packages. If I did that they said my 811 would stop working for hi-def sat signals. Is that true? Can I keep the low end hdpak for now. I may upgrade my programming in early spring when my 1yr subscription is up. I also get HBO, Super station and SportsNet package. What do you guys recommend?? Thanks in advance.

The 811 will still work but not for the MPEG4 channels. As per usual CSR's stands for Can be Seriously Retarded. Isn't it great that E* hires the mentally challenged :haha

I had a 921 (which I kept) when I upgraded to a 622. I made sure the csr knew exactly what I wanted when I called. The 921 still has the mpeg2 HD channels and the voom channels were added to it (I did not have voom then). If it seems your csr is confused, call back till you get a knowledgable one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)