Looking to Upgrade to a SD DVR...

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
I'm looking to upgrade one of my OLD model 1000 E* receivers, I'd like to replace it with a DVR, are there any recommended models, I recall there was a specific model which didn't require you to plug in a phone line and they didn't charge a DVR fee (I'd prefer both because I really don't want to run phone cable to that other room and i'd like not to have to pay dish another $6 / month.)

Any recommendations?

abricko said:
I'm looking to upgrade one of my OLD model 1000 E* receivers, I'd like to replace it with a DVR, are there any recommended models, I recall there was a specific model which didn't require you to plug in a phone line and they didn't charge a DVR fee (I'd prefer both because I really don't want to run phone cable to that other room and i'd like not to have to pay dish another $6 / month.)

Any recommendations?

There are three models that fit the description you are wanting: 501, 508, and 721. They do not have a DVR fee or Phone Line Fee. All three are out of production but you can get one off of eBay and similar places.

Those are the only three models without either fee. You can also get a 510 (DVR fee but no Phone Line Fee) or 522/625 (both fees).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)