looking to upgrade to hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDdude24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I'm been looking into upgrading to the hopper for the past 3 months. I have the the 722 and 612 and use tv2 out on the 722 to my TV in the garage and spare bedroom which I don't use that often. Would it be cheaper to get a hopper and joey and get a 211 to use in my garage or just leave it as is?

If you change to H/J, you would need an RV account in order to have a 211 in the garage, you could put a second Joey in there though. With your current setup, H/J would be more, DVR is $10 and 2 Joeys would be $14 and total $24 per month (having a 211 instead of a Joey would be the same fee) and you would have 1 less tuner. You could add an RF adaptor to your H/J, but the garage would be viewing the same program as one of the other tv's (this would be $17 per month). Your current setup is DVR $6 (will be $7 next month) and $10 for the 612.

No RV account required for the 211. Just buy it and activate it.

Other than that, everything is spot-on.

If I were to upgrade to Hopper from the current setup, I would go for 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. Then you would have 6 tuners (up 2 from 4.)

Now Dish doesn't "allow" for 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey to be installed so you would need to order 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys (same cost.). Them have the installer activate both Joeys, and when he leaves, call Dish and tell them that you don't need the second Joey. They will send a free box for you to shop back the unneeded Joey and deactivate it so that you are not charged another $7 a month for it.

Pricing for this would be $100-$200 up front and $24 a month. Compared to $17 a month that you are currently paying in receiver fees.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Yeah looks like i'm going to stay on this setup I don't want to pay for a second joey for a tv I only watch a few times a month. Thanks for the info guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)