looking to upgrade to hopper

HDdude24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I'm been looking into upgrading to the hopper for the past 3 months. I have the the 722 and 612 and use tv2 out on the 722 to my TV in the garage and spare bedroom which I don't use that often. Would it be cheaper to get a hopper and joey and get a 211 to use in my garage or just leave it as is?

If you change to H/J, you would need an RV account in order to have a 211 in the garage, you could put a second Joey in there though. With your current setup, H/J would be more, DVR is $10 and 2 Joeys would be $14 and total $24 per month (having a 211 instead of a Joey would be the same fee) and you would have 1 less tuner. You could add an RF adaptor to your H/J, but the garage would be viewing the same program as one of the other tv's (this would be $17 per month). Your current setup is DVR $6 (will be $7 next month) and $10 for the 612.

No RV account required for the 211. Just buy it and activate it.

Other than that, everything is spot-on.

If I were to upgrade to Hopper from the current setup, I would go for 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. Then you would have 6 tuners (up 2 from 4.)

Now Dish doesn't "allow" for 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey to be installed so you would need to order 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys (same cost.). Them have the installer activate both Joeys, and when he leaves, call Dish and tell them that you don't need the second Joey. They will send a free box for you to shop back the unneeded Joey and deactivate it so that you are not charged another $7 a month for it.

Pricing for this would be $100-$200 up front and $24 a month. Compared to $17 a month that you are currently paying in receiver fees.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Yeah looks like i'm going to stay on this setup I don't want to pay for a second joey for a tv I only watch a few times a month. Thanks for the info guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)