Looking to upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmanhattan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Manhattan, IL
We have a total of 5 tvs, 4 hd and 1 sd.
We have a HR-22 connected to our main hd tv, the other 4 are connected to D-11 boxes.
We would like to upgrade to the whole home system but i am not sure which receivers to inquire about.
I will keep the sd tv connected to the D-11 as that tv is not watched very often.
Should i keep the HR-22 and 1 D-11 and inquire about 1 HR-34 and 2 HR-24s? Or would it be better to have 1 HR-34 and 3 HR-24s and connect the HR-22 to the sd tv?
We do record some programming and at times there are conflicts of 2 programs recording at the same time.
Just wondering what the best setup would be before i call to inquire.
I'm sure customer service will quote me a fortune to do this.

Am also considering a 2 Hopper/3 Joey setup. I guess whichever one comes out cheaper.

Getting the whole home install from DTV is normally 199, without any promotions. You can see if you are eligible for an upgrade. If you want the HR34 you are looking at 399 more. There is no way to pick which receivers you will get.

Just attempted the same thing. One DVR, three receivers. My stuff was around 10 years old. Quoted just shy of $700 for equipment, of which they would offer a $250 credit. The rewire to support whole house/HD would be on me. I talked with multiple retention reps, a retention supervisor, several "Office of the President" email exchanges, and two email exchanges with "Customer Advocate" team. No success. I was a 17+ year customer (10/94), on autopay, with no complaints. I disconnected on 4/10. I am still amazed. In my business, we dream of customers like me. I am now kinda looking forward to a Hopper and three Joeys. DTV's decision seems so idiotic to me that there must be something I'm missing. So tell me....do I smell bad or something?? :) Good luck on your upgrade, as bad as my experience was, yours could be the exact opposite. But if not, DISH will treat you like gold as a new customer.

Just attempted the same thing. One DVR, three receivers. My stuff was around 10 years old. Quoted just shy of $700 for equipment, of which they would offer a $250 credit. The rewire to support whole house/HD would be on me. I talked with multiple retention reps, a retention supervisor, several "Office of the President" email exchanges, and two email exchanges with "Customer Advocate" team. No success. I was a 17+ year customer (10/94), on autopay, with no complaints. I disconnected on 4/10. I am still amazed. In my business, we dream of customers like me. I am now kinda looking forward to a Hopper and three Joeys. DTV's decision seems so idiotic to me that there must be something I'm missing. So tell me....do I smell bad or something?? :) Good luck on your upgrade, as bad as my experience was, yours could be the exact opposite. But if not, DISH will treat you like gold as a new customer.

Yeah, thats really bad business. They should be kissing your *** to stay but instead they make you jump through hoops and the end result is, we don't care if you're a 17+ year customer, we made THOUSANDS of $ off of you but we're not going to give you anything in return for being a loyal customer. Probably be about the same price for me also. I think i'm just going to go with Dish 2 hopper/3 joey and not even call D* until it's time to cancel and then they will probably offer me the sky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)