Looks like Dish is not buying Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
there are currently ore than enough people to support more than 1 company
i read somewhere yesturday that DTV lost 4 million customers. but that's speculation. reasons why are customer service is terrible and the bills are to high!!! dish is losing customers left and right to over the sinclar networks missing.

i read somewhere yesturday that DTV lost 4 million customers. but that's speculation. reasons why are customer service is terrible and the bills are to high!!!
directv bills and dish bills when compared apples to apples are withing a few dollars of one another

i have yet to have an issue with customer service.

Reactions: krynn
directv bills and dish bills when compared apples to apples are withing a few dollars of one another

i have yet to have an issue with customer service.
i agree with you about the bills being almost the same. but my experience with dtv was a nightmare.. i don't like to complain...

i agree with you about the bills being almost the same. but my experience with dtv was a nightmare.. i don't like to complain...

i have read your thread,, and agree you had issues

but my experience has been the opposite.
last summer i hit my dish with a mower, had a tech out in a couple of days, repaired, and i even got a bill credit. all for something that was my fault,
i never once asked for anything.

Whats to say DISH does not partner up with someone who can help fund their cell roll out and acquire DIRECTV?

I have heard buzz there have been talks.

Never say never.

Whats to say DISH does not partner up with someone who can help fund their cell roll out and squire DIRECTV?

I have heard buzz there have been talks.

Never say never.
as long as its after my elec coop rolls out fibre. i dont want just one choice

Roku is predicting by 2024 half of the country will have cut the cable . If that is true Charlie better sell Dish to att and ride off into the 5g sunset.

That would require an incredible acceleration of cord cutting. Hardly surprising that a company that makes its living on streaming is overly optimistic about the speed of streaming uptake.

Also while they may consider someone going from cable/satellite to AT&T TV as "cord cutting", since that customer may then use a Roku instead of a cable box to watch, I personally don't. That person is still watching traditional MVPD TV, they just changed to a different delivery method. Not that much different than someone switching from cable to satellite.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
...dish is losing customers left and right to over the sinclar networks missing.

We won't know the Dish 4th quarter results until next week, but the 3rd quarter results showed a net loss on the sat side of just 66K subs, and a 215K gain for Sling. AT&T lost 1.37 million subs in the 3rd quarter for all pay-TV services with no gains. That doesn't look like Dish "losing customers left and right" to me...

We won't know the Dish 4th quarter results until next week, but the 3rd quarter results showed a net loss on the sat side of just 66K subs, and a 215K gain for Sling. AT&T lost 1.37 million subs in the 3rd quarter for all pay-TV services with no gains. That doesn't look like Dish "losing customers left and right" to me...
They ( Dish ) have gone from a high of almost 14 million subs down to a little above 9 million in a few years, that's not great.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Who are even why would another company fund Dish to buy direct tv and fund the 5g plans . Att, Dish . Both losing customers. 4 cell companies couldn’t make it . Maybe the sky is falling on Charlie. I am even starting to think like Claude

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Claude Greiner
They ( Dish ) have gone from a high of almost 14 million subs down to a little above 9 million in a few years, that's not great.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

And how "great" is AT&T's 4.1 million pay TV subscriber loss just in the past year? Yes, Dish has lost about 5 million sat subscribers over the past 5 years, but at the same time they're gaining more Sling subscribers for a significant net gain. AT&T can't say that since all of their services are losing subs at this point, including streaming. There's no argument that sat TV is fading into history, but its not dead yet.

Reactions: HipKat and navychop
Who are even why would another company fund Dish to buy direct tv and fund the 5g plans . Att, Dish . Both losing customers. 4 cell companies couldn’t make it . Maybe the sky is falling on Charlie. I am even starting to think like Claude

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Finally someone agrees with me. Yea!

I don’t think anyone (besides Orby) wants to get into the pay Tv service right.

The main reason why Dish is having issues right now keeping customers.

We got AT&T on one hand doing everything they can to piss people off. We got Dish on the other hand doing a better job, but are equally as bad because they don’t have the programming.

IMG_5740.JPG

Everyone is dropping, mostly due to cord-cutters
This is the advantage cable companies have, they supply the broadband and have a way to bundle services to keep customers. Dish and DTV don't have anything to bundle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts