Looks like Dish is not buying Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Charlie built the company selling C-band systems that where worth their weight in gold because they could be hacked.

Yet when Nagravision was hacked and everyone was pirating dish network programming, Charlie didn’t like that very much.

Totally different game today than it was back then. Nobody is going to want a Dish cell phone.

If Charlie is as smart as I think he is, there is going to be no 5G Network. He is just using this as an extension so he doesn’t use his licenses until he finds a buyer for the spectrum and Possibly Dish.
it will be interesting to see how many people flee when dish gets boost mobiles subs

it will be interesting to see how many people flee when dish gets boost mobiles subs

As long as the plans and prices don't change significantly, it's not likely many Boost subs will care who owns it. I suspect mostly they'll be happy with the prospect of having T-Mobiles coverage to augment the lesser Sprint coverage.

I heard that the plan was for Dish to figure out a way to dump about 2-3 million unprofitable subscribers once they take it over.

But my question is how the hell is Dish going to launch a 5G network using Boost Mobile?

Think about it....

The Dish network retailers will have ZERO interest in selling this garbage. The same way Directv retailers refuses to sell AT&T cell service.

Every Boost Mobile I have ever been to is a war zone. Tiny little store, with 1 employee behind bullet proof glass.

Yeah I can see customers lining up outside the door at my local boost store to get Dish 5G

The whole problem is this. AT&T is just way over priced for most people to want to get into. It’s like trying to sell everyone a Cadillac.

With Boost, your going from one extreme to the other, selling the lowest of the low.

How ironic a crappy satellite service teams up with a crappy cell service. Ha ha.

But my point is that the higher end customers are not looking for a low end prepaid service such as Boost.

We will see how this plays out, I just don’t see building out a nationwide 5G state of the art cellular network starting with Boost.

Charlie has had like 10 years and has done nothing. All this did was buy more time.

They will want Dish wireless internet.. cell phones are dead
Charlie built the company selling C-band systems that where worth their weight in gold because they could be hacked.

Yet when Nagravision was hacked and everyone was pirating dish network programming, Charlie didn’t like that very much.

Totally different game today than it was back then. Nobody is going to want a Dish cell phone.

If Charlie is as smart as I think he is, there is going to be no 5G Network. He is just using this as an extension so he doesn’t use his licenses until he finds a buyer for the spectrum and Possibly Dish.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Wow
Reactions: Jimbo
I think Claude is overlooking the part of the T-Mobile deal that gives Dish access to T-Mobile's towers...

I Didn’t over look it, how else are they going to sell their fourth class cellular phone service when they have ZERO of their own towers and a several hundred fake 5G test sites powered by Hughesnet satellite based internet ?

Anything Dish offers is simply recycled T-Mobile service.

They will want Dish wireless internet.. cell phones are dead

I disagree. There is a big market for cell phones.

The 5G wireless internet (If they ever build a true 100% nationwide network) is what they need to offer their customers to keep them from switching to cable or fiber

I Didn’t over look it, how else are they going to sell their fourth class cellular phone service when they have ZERO of their own towers and a several hundred fake 5G test sites powered by Hughesnet satellite based internet ?

Anything Dish offers is simply recycled T-Mobile service.

Do you have any actual verifiable evidence that Dish is "faking" their 5G test sites? I didn't think so...

Comcast is going to use Verizon 5g when available and charter was also going to use it. Charter also said that they might just start up there own 5g service . I am not bashing Dish I have enjoyed there service for over 20 years but I think the whole 5g thing they are doing is smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I recall the threads about the installations, but I don't recall seeing anything indicating they were faked.

How is using 5G to transmit hughesnet internet a few hundred feet NOT fake?

You can’t go to any of these sites and run your cell phone.

The whole purpose of those sites where to demonstrate they where using their licenses so the FCC didn’t yank them.

Dish was so cheap, they didn’t even pay to run fiber to these sites. They can’t even demonstrate true 5G speeds

That in my opinion is the definition of a FAKE test site

The whole purpose of those sites where to demonstrate they where using their licenses so the FCC didn’t yank them.

Dish was so cheap, they didn’t even pay to run fiber to these sites. They can’t even demonstrate true 5G speeds

It strikes me more as the definition of a test site designed to test the hardware. As I recall, Dish's vision for 5G has always been servicing the IOT market more than the cell phone market. The 7-8 million Boost cell customers plus the incoming Virgin customers won't hurt the bottom line though.

It strikes me more as the definition of a test site designed to test the hardware. As I recall, Dish's vision for 5G has always been servicing the IOT market more than the cell phone market. The 7-8 million Boost cell customers plus the incoming Virgin customers won't hurt the bottom line though.

Test what hardware?

All they are doing is proving they can send a 5g signal from point A to point B do they don’t loose their license.

I can do the same thing with a wireless router from Best Buy, it will just be on a different frequency.

As Charlie saw years ago, the money is in IoT.

Don’t ever bet against Charlie.

And don’t ever bet against Elon.

Bad idea to vote against Legere.

5g fixed cellular if for broadband not cell phones...that seems to be the direction charlie is going

As Charlie saw years ago, the money is in IoT.

Don’t ever bet against Charlie.

And don’t ever bet against Elon.

Bad idea to vote against Legere.

I’m betting against Charlie this time.

This is all a game until he finds a buyer at the right price.

Again, for the 100th time. Dish ain’t building a 5G network. Everyone who thinks Dish is going to emerge as this great internet service provider with Hopper Tv service is living a pipe dream.

And I’m NOT saying Directv/AT&T is any better. They got plenty of their own issues right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)