Looks like Equity is down

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It had to happen after midnight EST, the wife was watching Hawaii 5-0 bewteen 10 and 11pm on one of the G3s. They have had some pretty rough weather in Arkansas. I don't know if that has any effect on the other locations.

Still down as of 9am Eastern.

From what I can tell this does not look like a system failure, as I am watching TheTube now as I type this on via a local OTA digital channel.

Please Equity, please come back to us!

Scott
The Tube is not an Equity owned product

The only station up on G10 is KWTO (12104 V 2222)

Crap. And I just bought another receiver.

Well, unless these come back or I can find a way to get IA5/G25 without drilling more holes into my condo, there'll be a new-in-box Conaxsat PVR in the For Sale area soon. :(

FWIW, the other station still up, KKFQ, was sold to Fisher a while back.

Doesn't look like an accident that the only two stations still up, KTWO and KKFQ, are no longer owned by Equity. :(

Googling galaxy 10r some time ago I read there were issues with the satellite and it would be replaced by galaxy 17 soon. Anyone know anything about this? Could equity be moving to another satellite?

Googling galaxy 10r some time ago I read there were issues with the satellite and it would be replaced by galaxy 17 soon. Anyone know anything about this? Could equity be moving to another satellite?

This is not a matter of "issues with the satellite". The only signals that are gone are the Equity signals. Everything else is still there. Also if you were really paying attention here, youd notice it's already been said that the equity C band signals on G3C are gone as well. So, it definitely looks like either Equity has a serious system wide failure or it's the end of the line for these signals. Let's hope it's just a failure and will be fixed shortly. Though the timing and the fact they were aquired by another coporation seem a bit ominious.

This is just my opinion and no basis of fact.

If the channels had gone encrypted, the signal would still be there, just couldn't pull them in. That isn't the case. There is no signal on the transponders.

They have either moved to another satellite, or the system has had a massive failure.

If they have moved, we will have to find them. I think they might have moved to another location.

If a failure, sit and wait for the system to be fixed.

All speculation of course, but that is part of the hobby. :D

But if it was a system wide failure, wouldn't that mean Dish/Direct would be out of service as well? Or the OTA signals? How would this all come into play?

yellow bar/srength is back on most channels, but no picture. Green bars on KFDF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)