Looks like I'll be jumping ship ...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I was all excited about my upgrade to the 622 and the new HD lined up for me, but when the numbers came in and I'll be saving over $1000 over 12 months with cable, I had to make the choice.

I hope the move isn't too painful, there are several drawbacks plus I'll be just another schmo with cable.

Hopefully I'll be back when I've saved enough to rationalize coming back and by then hopefully e* will have worked out bugs on their new equipment and be making a better offer to get set up

btw - is my 921 worth anything at this point?

Cheers

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Yea about $200 or so maybe a little more

spiderg8r said:
I was all excited about my upgrade to the 622 and the new HD lined up for me, but when the numbers came in and I'll be saving over $1000 over 12 months with cable, I had to make the choice.

I hope the move isn't too painful, there are several drawbacks plus I'll be just another schmo with cable.

Hopefully I'll be back when I've saved enough to rationalize coming back and by then hopefully e* will have worked out bugs on their new equipment and be making a better offer to get set up

Cheers
So how much are you going to be paying a month? savings of $1000 a year it sounds like your only going to be paying around $14 a month.

I'm thinking of jumping ship from comcast to dishnetwork. the only thing holding me back is sports in hd. i have comcast sportsnet in ]hd inhd and inhd2 and tnthd all of them show some kind of sports in hd. is there any Chance that dishnetwork will get any regional sports network in hd?
also with comcast i have 1 hddvr 1 regular hd box and 1 standard definition receiver does dishnetwork have a package that offers all of these items?
finally when i had voom i had every channel available for around $109.00 a month with comcast if i wanted every channel it would be a lot more than that. how much would it be to get every channel including premiums?

104.99 is the price of HD platinum

No time frame on when or if you'd ever get HD regional sports broadcasts especially from an RSN like comcast.

Yes you can get an HD DVR and a regular HD box, you wouldn't need a 3rd standard box because the HD DVR can feed that 3rd TV

Van said:
So how much are you going to be paying a month? savings of $1000 a year it sounds like your only going to be paying around $14 a month.

for digital hd dvr w/hbo

$40 + tax vs 102+ tax for dish silver hd w/locals= 62 x 12 = 744

no 99 for new reciever

sell 921 for 200

= 1043 in savings

Then its only 744 for the year and then your bill goes up, my comcast internet bill went from $20 a month to $65 a month after a year and yes that is what comcast will charge you for highspeed internet without any other service, you are penalized $15 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)