Looks Like Lin is back!

Some programming, and not immediate. Not a day to day substitute for local affiliates.

My point was not about on Demand it was just a side note and at least it’s something, more then Dish offers. TW has something in the works that would bring in national feeds so one could watch programming live. Personally I could careless about local TV. As long as I get my primetime shows and sports I'm good and I think a lot of people would agree. TW would provide ALL network programming. How this would all play out I have no idea, as it’s never been done. But fortunately TW does have some sort of back up plan, which is more than Dish Notwork has as Cheap Charlie gets richer by the second.

FitzAusTex said:
What's actually the most annoying to me in all this mess is that I'm not getting guide info from Dish for KXAN/KNVA for my OTA channels. They have an "Important News - Press Info" message for the KXAN/KNVA OTA listings, too. Apparently it's more important for Dish to have us call LIN, than for us to know the actual program listing info on these channels if we're lucky enough to also have OTA. I guess they have to have this message for both the Dish locals, AND the OTA locals? Thank goodness I "live" in Dallas, and can see the NBC Network listings for KXAS.

Send a note similar to the one I sent to President at dishnetwork.com.

It wasn't with distants as I remember, I think significantly watched..... Looking for the article.....

The broadcasters received the bandwidth from the FCC years ago in order to provide free programming to the public, which they paid for by selling ads. People within these areas can still receive them for free with rabbit ears IF they are within range.

My humble suggestion. If they have now decided that they can hold the public hostage in order to extract MORE money from subscribers, then it is time or the FCC to reevaluate their system as well.

IF you want to charge cable cos. and satellite providers to carry a channel you make free elsewhere, then you lose your free bandwidth. Choose the fee option and the FCC auctions off your spectrum to the highest bidder. OR you can STFU and do what you did 30 years ago... supply the channel for free and thank the providers for making your picture look better than they can get from your transmitters (and which extend your ad reach).

Am I alone here? I am so fed up with monopolists abusing their power. If you want to be a monopoly, then you submit to federal regulation to keep you from taking your greedy ambitions out on those of us in the bottom 95% of the economic ladder who have been under assault the last 30 years.

All this dispute is for Charlie to put more money in his pocket, we went from 140% increase to when they took the channels down to a 175% increase!!!! Something really smells here and I think it may be the owner of Dish!!!

And if Dish caved into every demand for increases in retransmission fees and then passed that on to subscribers as further price increases, you'd be carping about that. Is there anything that can make you happy?

That doesn't help my DVR and letting me know what the program is.

We need the EPG data IN STREAM.
Why not just go online, print out a program listing, and do a manual recording. It isn't like we are being sent into the dark ages..... :)