LOOKS LIKE RTPI IS DOWN new receiver needed?

A streaming STB acts a server to provide the programming to other devices and often can tune select IP delivered services. Maybe what you are interested in is not the ability to stream the RTPi to another device but rather for the STB to also view IPTV services?

These advanced receivers may often watch a IP service if it is open to public viewing without subscription if it is directly programmed into the receiver or part of a package. Technology changes quickly for both satellite and IP delivery, so it probably doesn't make much sense to up sell a customer to a STB that can receive both satellite and IPTV unless it is an open source app that has major following and development.

The only STB that I would suggest for combined satellite and IPTV viewing is an Android based DVBS2 satellite receiver. As long as there is an Android app on Google Play or other app source for the service that the customer wants to view, the device will likely be compatible for several years. But with that capability, you are now looking at a $200+ STB. At that price, the customer is better off using a quality DVBS2 satellite receiver now and supplement or replace someday with a Roku or other IP receiver.

Going to be getting into this one next week will give it to my Portuguese guy to kick it around and let me know how he likes it
I guess if someone is scared of using it for streaming, it might go easier once they used it for something they're already using for FTA RTPI I STILL HAVE THEM CALLING ME AND I GIVE MY JOBS TO Norberto if you're in CT. Call him in a week and ask him how he likes it email me at diamondsatellite@snet.net and I will give out his cell number

THIS IS THE UNIT

Don't let the small form factor fool you. This is one powerful receiver. This receiver comes with a external remote eye so the receiver can be placed out of site.

Ethernet and WIFI Embedded allows you to connect to the internet easily. MPEG4/H.264 HP@L4.1 HDTV 1080P and USB for Multimedia Player, PVR.

rtp-approved.jpg

Features

• Fully DVB-S2/MPEG-4 H.264/AVC Compliant
  • Transportation Stream Recording Supported
  • Multi-language OSD
  • USB for Multimedia Player (MP3,MP4,OGG,MKV,JPEG,BMP)
  • Games Supported
  • FTA/CAS(1 CA Slot)
  • Auto DiSEqC1.0 and DiSEqC1.1/1.2/USALS Supported
  • 6000 TV&Radio Channels Supported
  • 7 Days EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
  • Auto Search,Blind Search,Manual Search,NIT Search,TP Search and Multi-Satellite Search Supported
  • Easy-going Program Editors,Teletext and Subtitle Supported
  • PVR Timeshift and Playback supported
  • Software Upgrade and Backup via OTA,FTP/HTTP and USB
  • Data exchange (Backup and Restore) with external USB storage

My dad has a 7 foot dish, a Uniden Personal Cable Videocipher R5 to move the dish, and a Pansat 1000A receiver.
The dish is pointed to the Intelsat805.
The only receiver I found locally is the Dreamlink T5 HD, but the guy at the store isn't 100% sure it will work with the 7 foot dish, and he won't give a refund.
Does anyone know if the Dreamlink T5 HD will work with the 7 foot dish and Uniden and how would it be connected?

Here's a drawing of how it's connected.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Team, just the update on the RTPi America from Portugal.

The signal is now MPEG4, so you will need an MPEG4 receiver, GEOSATpro microHD or GEOSATpro HDVR1200 (or equivalent, is there equivalent? LOL).

Satellite Intelsat 805 55.5W
Transponder Frequency 4101
Polarity Horizontal
Signal Rate 2320

Don't recognize the Dreamlink brand for FTA usage and would suggest that you avoid it as it is just an overpriced hacker box. Buy something that we know, use and recommend. You should be finding many quality DVBS2 satellite receivers with DVR and other great features for about $100 including shipping.

Does your TV have HDMI input? Most DVBS2 receivers do not have TV channel 3 output like your old Pansat 1000a satellite receiver. Everything is going higher quality with HDMI connections.

To install a new DVBS2 satellite receiver, connect the IF IN coax cable from the satellite dish to the SAT IN on the new receiver and the HDMI output to the TV HDMI IN connection. Place the TV on the HDMI port to watch RTP International. That is all!

If you need to see the Uniden menus, connect the Uniden TV OUT coax cable to the TV's Antenna IN connection and place the TV on channel 3, just like you do now.

My dad has a 7 foot dish, a Uniden Personal Cable Videocipher R5 to move the dish, and a Pansat 1000A receiver.
The dish is pointed to the Intelsat805.
The only receiver I found locally is the Dreamlink T5 HD, but the guy at the store isn't 100% sure it will work with the 7 foot dish, and he won't give a refund.
Does anyone know if the Dreamlink T5 HD will work with the 7 foot dish and Uniden and how would it be connected?

Here's a drawing of how it's connected.

Thanks.

Aspire SEND ME A EMAIL to diamondsatellite@snet.net and give me your address I will try to find you someone close to sell or service you

Team, just the update on the RTPi America from Portugal.

The signal is now MPEG4, so you will need an MPEG4 receiver, GEOSATpro microHD or GEOSATpro HDVR1200 (or equivalent, is there equivalent? LOL).

Satellite Intelsat 805 55.5W
Transponder Frequency 4101
Polarity Horizontal
Signal Rate 2320

You need a new receiver with MPEG4 and DVB-S2.
And the Polarity is still Vertical.

This is the only info I could find.
http://www.drsat.ca/news.cfm?id=80

Thanks for the replies, this is the only local store I could find that still sells receivers.
Which one of these should I buy???
http://radioplusplus.com/satellite_receivers.html

I called two other places but they said they were no longer selling receivers, only android TV BOXES with XBMC software.

Also my dad has an old 37" Sony CRT with coax and RCA inputs, no HDMI.
He doesn't want to change TV's.

Thanks.

Local resellers are not very common as most satellite sales are via the Internet. You will have no problem finding a receiver on EBay. Here is an example of a quality unit:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/amiko+mini+HD+se

This unit has standard definition output RCA (yellow, white, red) AV output for connecting to an older TV like your fathers. Here is a photo of the cables that are shipped with the unit.
atsa00005.jpg

Last edited:
You need a new receiver with MPEG4 and DVB-S2.
And the Polarity is still Vertical.

This is the only info I could find.
http://www.drsat.ca/news.cfm?id=80

Thanks for the replies, this is the only local store I could find that still sells receivers.
Which one of these should I buy???
http://radioplusplus.com/satellite_receivers.html

I called two other places but they said they were no longer selling receivers, only android TV BOXES with XBMC software.

Also my dad has an old 37" Sony CRT with coax and RCA inputs, no HDMI.
He doesn't want to change TV's.

Thanks.
THAT'S WHAT I SEE with my older customers too, does he use the Portuguese radio station? That comes with the satellite receiver

THAT'S WHAT I SEE with my older customers too, does he use the Portuguese radio station? That comes with the satellite receiver

He had the Portuguese radio, but it stopped working a few months ago, not sure why.
He wants to buy a receiver locally, asap, so I'm probably going to get the Dreamlink T5, most of the reviews I've read were positive.

BTW can the LAN port be used to connect the receiver to the internet and browse, or is it only for a local network to connect to a media server???

Thanks.

The Dreamlink is a hacker receiver, used primarily for theft of service, so you won't find much information on this forum.

Many receivers with LAN ports can access IP programming. Varies from receiver to receiver the capabilies and access.

Not sure why dreamlink is something you are after, perhaps someone has led you wrong. Not supported and designed for hackers.
If you want an excellent box at a low price you can't beat an Amiko Mini HD SE. :)
It just works with out constant messing with it, and it has a strong NA support presence.

I bought the Digiwave hd9008i, it was $75 cheaper than the Dreamlink T5, and the guy at the store said he sold about 20 so far to people who watch RTPi.
Plus it has Wifi, and IPTV build in, but my dad will probably not use those features.

Took a bit of searching to find the Intelsat 805, I had to set the region to Atlantic Ocean.
It's scanning right now for channels.

It has 10 transponders setup, do I need all 10, or can I delete the 9 that I don't need.
The guy at the store said it uses 12060-22000-Horizontal, which is listed as number 10, can I delete the other 9, and will it make scanning faster?
Will update in an hour or two.

Thanks.

OK, the blind scan finished and it found RTPi America and the RDP radio, including 12 other channels.
I added RTPi and RDP to the favorites and afaik the favorites is the only way to access the RDP, but I'll check and see if there's an easier way.

Digiwave hd9008i is slow, when selecting anything, but my dad only watches RTP so it's all good.
Maybe one day i'll connect the internet and see how that works.

One slight problem is that the Digiwave hd9008i only has HDMI and RCA outputs, and my dad's house is wired with coax cables to the other 3 TV's.
I guess the best way would be to connect the RCA cable to the input on the VCR and then output thru the coax connector on the VCR to the other TV's.

If something else comes up I'll post it here.

Thanks for your replies.

Yep... A few of us tested the Digiwave HD9008i and found it to lock-up a lot. Show your dad how to remove the power adapter to reset and restore operation. :D

Connect the RCA yellow/white/red to a RF modulator and output coax channel 3/4. $10-$25 depending where you shop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)