MicroHD Reboot loop when using motor

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Hi Guys,

I'm having one heck of a time trying to get my MicroHD working with a Diseqc 1.2 motor. After bricking it a few weeks ago I finally re-flashed the udf file and restored the receiver to a working state using a USB-to-TTL cable, however, whenever I try and setup multiple satellites using a Diseqc 1.2 motor I get stuck in another reboot loop and have to re-flash the udf file via serial again. Here's a quick description of what I'm doing:

1) Setup the first satellite, manually save the motor position, scan in a couple of channels and verify everything is working (by wtaching the channel)
2) Setup a second satellite (manually saving the motor position using diseqc 1.2), scan in the channel and verify everything is working
3) While viewing channels on the second satellite attempt to tune a channel on the first satellite
4) Receiver gets stuck in a reboot loop and needs de-bricking.

Am I doing something horribly wrong here or is the receiver just terribly buggy?

Did you do a FULL factory reset after debricking? I'd say in your case, reload the .udf file to debrick. THEN load a FULL copy of the June 2013 firmware via the normal usb key. I suspect your original firmware load is corrupted in some way. Then do the factory reset, and power cycle reboot. THEN try setting up the receiver again.

Thanks for the reply, I managed to figure out that you need to have all satellites selected in the "Satellite List" menu before the dish will move. I (incorrectly) assumed the selection in the "Satellite List" was only for setup and I was manually de-selecting them after scanning in the channels.

If you delete a satellite in the "Satellite List". make sure that you remove either all channels or transponders from that sat first. Leaving channels on a sat and then deleting it causes the boot loop problem and was supposed to be fixed in later firmwares but isn't 100% fixed, it will sometimes still boot loop mine if I forget to remove all channels 1st.

You should be able to select only the Sats that you plan on using in the list, not all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)