MicroHD Reboot loop when using motor

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Hi Guys,

I'm having one heck of a time trying to get my MicroHD working with a Diseqc 1.2 motor. After bricking it a few weeks ago I finally re-flashed the udf file and restored the receiver to a working state using a USB-to-TTL cable, however, whenever I try and setup multiple satellites using a Diseqc 1.2 motor I get stuck in another reboot loop and have to re-flash the udf file via serial again. Here's a quick description of what I'm doing:

1) Setup the first satellite, manually save the motor position, scan in a couple of channels and verify everything is working (by wtaching the channel)
2) Setup a second satellite (manually saving the motor position using diseqc 1.2), scan in the channel and verify everything is working
3) While viewing channels on the second satellite attempt to tune a channel on the first satellite
4) Receiver gets stuck in a reboot loop and needs de-bricking.

Am I doing something horribly wrong here or is the receiver just terribly buggy?

Did you do a FULL factory reset after debricking? I'd say in your case, reload the .udf file to debrick. THEN load a FULL copy of the June 2013 firmware via the normal usb key. I suspect your original firmware load is corrupted in some way. Then do the factory reset, and power cycle reboot. THEN try setting up the receiver again.

Thanks for the reply, I managed to figure out that you need to have all satellites selected in the "Satellite List" menu before the dish will move. I (incorrectly) assumed the selection in the "Satellite List" was only for setup and I was manually de-selecting them after scanning in the channels.

If you delete a satellite in the "Satellite List". make sure that you remove either all channels or transponders from that sat first. Leaving channels on a sat and then deleting it causes the boot loop problem and was supposed to be fixed in later firmwares but isn't 100% fixed, it will sometimes still boot loop mine if I forget to remove all channels 1st.

You should be able to select only the Sats that you plan on using in the list, not all of them.