EUROPEAN CHANNELS? HOW TO CAPTURE

GRINGA

Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
Hello all! I have found a lot of wonderful information on your site, but my husband and I are still having a lot of difficulties finding the channels that we are looking for.

We set up the dish toward the west as that is what seemed the most plausible direction according to dishpointer.com (we are located in PA). We easily capture galaxy 17, but most of the channels are from Asia and the Middle East, whereas we are looking for European channels and well known channels out of Egypt such as MBC, France24, Al Jazeera, Al-Arabiya, etc. We have also tried Instelat, Brasilsat B2, Numiq 1/2, AMC 5, Galaxy 4R, AMC 1, Galaxy 11, etc .... to no avail. In France, the satellites that provide the channels we enjoy are Astra and Hotbird.

What satellite should I use here in PA? If I change my dish to face eastward can I tune into Astra or Hotbird?

I need help from the experts on this site! This is all new to me...

Thank you so much...

Welcome to satelliteguys.

What kind of dish are you using small Ku band or big C band.
First of all there´s quite a difference in FTA channels available on this side of the world when compared to Europe.

France 24 with the French and English version is on 58w, Intelsat 21, on C band, (that means you need a BUD). Dishpointer will give you a good idea of what minimum dish size you need for that sat.
http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-21.html
I see listed Al Arabiya on that one but not in the clear.
You may check this link below for more FTA channels (marked F) on this sat.
Al Jazeera English is no longer offered FTA on the Americas.

I´m not sure if Al Arabiya is available on Galaxy 19 at 97w.
On that sat, I don´t recall an European channel, some French African yes, but not European.
CCTV in French is available in Ku band on Galaxy 3C at 95w as another option for a French speaking channel.

Galaxy 19 at 97W has quite an assortment of channels and programming. Have a look at the listing produced by North Georgia.

Attachments

• Galaxy19Guide-28july2014.xls
    243.5 KB · Views: 225
I remembered that G19 97w has some European channels like the Portuguese RTP (International or American feed), a Romanian channel, the Hungarian Duna (World), several Turkish channels (if you consider Turkey as European).
The Dutch BVN is on one of the Eutelsats that used to be a Mexsat.
Hispasat 30w has about 3 ch from Spain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts