Looks like the Firewall Burped

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
For the past 20 minutes or so things have been strange here...

Some users were getting a 500 Error from Sucuri
Other users were getting a SSL error
And some were getting a Firewall - Not Configured Error.

Well look like the issue was with our firewall provider Sucuri and has now been fixed.

I was logged into the server at the time they were having problems, so I knew the issue was not on our end.

Our server continues to run great (KNOCK ON WOOD!) the server load is 0.17 and get this... we have not rebooted this server in 925 days!

Sorry for the issue as it was outside our hands, but glad to see all is working well again. :)

Last edited:
I still notice very serious lag, e.g. 15 secs or more. Are Securi's issues all resolved?

Reactions: dweber
I got the SSL error, but I figured it was the hospital WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Now I got a "Hosting Timeout" error 502. I can't seem to "like" anybody's posts, either. Except occasionally.

I couldn't get in using our DSL so I rebooted and got a new IP address and got in for about 3 minutes until inSecuri blocked me again. This has been happening on and off for years here but today is particularly bad. I'm now using a Viasat connection.

I couldn't get in using our DSL so I rebooted and got a new IP address and got in for about 3 minutes until inSecuri blocked me again. This has been happening on and off for years here but today is particularly bad. I'm now using a Viasat connection.
Its not you, they are having issues.

Reactions: JSheridan
Interestingly enough, I'm not having issues either. But the other day I discovered how to FORCE a new DHCP IP address from Charter/Spectrum, and I got one on a completely different subnet than I've had for the last year or more!

I think their issues are with certain IP address ranges...

p.s. The secret, if your router allows you to do so, is to change its MAC address slightly. I just changed the very last number. Then power plug pull it, then power plug pull the cable modem, wait a few minutes, plug the modem back in, wait for it to come back up, then plug the router back in. Worked perfectly with a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000. I only changed the very last character to a "B" instead of an "8", and got a .24 subnet instead of a .71 which has issues now and again

Reactions: JSheridan
Interestingly enough, I'm not having issues either. But the other day I discovered how to FORCE a new DHCP IP address from Charter/Spectrum, and I got one on a completely different subnet than I've had for the last year or more!

I think their issues are with certain IP address ranges...

p.s. The secret, if your router allows you to do so, is to change its MAC address slightly. I just changed the very last number. Then power plug pull it, then power plug pull the cable modem, wait a few minutes, plug the modem back in, wait for it to come back up, then plug the router back in. Worked perfectly with a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000. I only changed the very last character to a "B" instead of an "8", and got a .24 subnet instead of a .71 which has issues now and again

I got our DSL connection changed from static to dynamic IP a year or three ago just so I can get a new IP address by rebooting the DSL modem so I can get back into satelliteguys. :).

I got a Securi warning trying to reply to a post with an Amazon link in it. It liked it better without the link imbedded. That happened about five minutes ago.

I submitted a ticket about an hour and a half ago and all that I know is... "We are having issues and hope to have things resolved shortly."

One way to check if its a firewall issue is to try going here then try going to DishRetailer Discussion Boards as both are on the same server. :D

Anyone having issues still? I have not heard an update for my ticket since what I posted above.

I just got home from work and things seem fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)