Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Hello all, I have a Pansat 9200 HD in my den, with 4 way diseqc switch (4 dishes) . I wanted to put my old Pansat 2500a in the bedroom for just G10r/18. Should I connect it from the 9200's IF out, or put a dual output LNBF on my G10r dish? Thanks!:)

I used to have a single-polarity LNB on my G-10R (G-18) dish, but interesting stuff shows up on horizontal polarity from time to time. I replaced the single-polarity LNB with a bandstacked Dish LNB from a Superdish so I could distribute both polarities to multiple receivers.

Thanks for the replies guys!
One more quick question...well... two! Will any voltage from the added receiver "leak through" the dual LNB, back up the other cable, to the diseqc switch for the system in the den? ...And will the receiver in the bedroom be able to select polarity independently?
....Thanks!:D

Will any voltage from the added receiver "leak through" the dual LNB, back up the other cable, to the diseqc switch for the system in the den?
...And will the receiver in the bedroom be able to select polarity independently?
No.

Sure, the whole idea of the dual output LNB is to hook up two separate receivers.
Each gets to control polarity independently.

And if you examine Tron's bandstacked LNB idea, that's a pretty good one, too.
But a bit more advanced than the standard LNB with two outputs.
Here's a picture of such an LNB bolted onto a Primestar (?) feedhorn. (picture credit: unknown, probably on SatGuy's)
Here's a different style feedhorn from a Channelmaster (?) dish, with a Norsat LNB , but the bandstacked from the picture above will bolt right on (picture credit to: Tron).

Last edited:
Thanks for the credit, Anole, but that's not my pic ;)... It looks like my G-18 setup, except I have a different feedhorn, the one designed for the 1 meter "round" Channel Master (Primestar). I DO need to bring a camera up there and shoot some newer pictures of my farm. My current pics of the Channel Master still show the single-polarity Norsat hanging on for dear life :rolleyes:

Here's a picture of such an LNB bolted onto a Primestar (?) feedhorn. (picture credit: unknown, probably on SatGuy's)
Here's a different style feedhorn from a Channelmaster (?) dish, with a Norsat LNB , but the bandstacked from the picture above will bolt right on (picture credit to: Tron).

Hmmm... both pictures are looking the same to me...

oops

Here is the Norsat LNB on a Channelmaster feedhorn, from a post by Tron.
What I was saying, is that the little gray bandstacked Eagle Aspen (or Dish FSS) LNB from the other picture, will bolt on in place of this big white Norsat.

However, the OP is equally as well off with the more traditional two-output LNB for this particular situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)