Loosing cable in the forums

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
When ever I come into the site I almost always forget that there is a cable television section in it because it is way way way down at the bottom of the forum list along with a few other forums that I know if Im missing that many visitors are missing as well. But I think its more than just the location of the forums in the list, its also that no one is going to associate cable with satellite in the instance of this website and what its title stands for wich is satellite.

So what Im thinking is that maybe a name change for the website that would promote more traffic and membership but what could the name be changed to? Tvguys.com, couchpotato.com, mendoingwhattheydobest.com ( joking ) digitaltv.com, moderntv.com, its a hard one really because the name has to be easy to remember and catchy.

Regardless though I think that playing up the cable television side of the site would be a benefit both short term and long term and redoing the way the forums are listed may help, people are lazy and even the act of scrolling down seems as work for many.

Hightechtv.net has been around for probably a year or more...just check out the Satelliteguys logo, "The Internet's HIGHTECHTV source." I wish the other forums would attract more visitors because there is some very good stuff in some of them (FiOS, etc.).

We were actually planning on changing out name to HighTechTV at one time, however after going to a number of shows people know us as SatelliteGuys and that name looks like it will stick.

We recently did some shuffling of forums and have been listening to the users feedback and plan on doing some more changes and additions in the future based on this feedback. :)

We really do listen to our members here as because without you guys we would not have a reason to be here.

How about a root type directory like you would find with a family tree? Linked together in a descending order with each sub menue branching out from the main title? Like this,

Attachments

• format change.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 173
Scott Greczkowski said:
We were actually planning on changing out name to HighTechTV at one time, however after going to a number of shows people know us as SatelliteGuys and that name looks like it will stick.
It might take a while, but remember when Broadbandreports.com was dslreports.com?

You could always get a new domain name and direct it to Satelliteguys. Put both names on the front page and watch the hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)