Status
Not open for further replies.

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
When I chose to view the Expo photos Scott uploaded, it was hard to view them. Everytime I would click to a new photo, I'd have to scroll up to see the entire photo. Is this something I am doing wrong, or does everyone have to scroll up to see the picture? It would be much easier to just click one after the other without scrolling.
Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Lyle

Thats the way that software is...

The reason I used that software was because from the show floor I was able to upload photos and have them appear on the site automatically.

However I am planning on uploading all 500+ using our other photo software later tonight, this will contain every photo I took at the show. I will post the URL when they are uploaded later tonight. :) I think they will be easier to view. :)

Thank you!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thats the way that software is...

The reason I used that software was because from the show floor I was able to upload photos and have them appear on the site automatically.

However I am planning on uploading all 500+ using our other photo software later tonight, this will contain every photo I took at the show. I will post the URL when they are uploaded later tonight. :) I think they will be easier to view. :)

I will be looking forward to those pix.
Have a good day, Scott.

Lyle

Scott,

You've got correction abilities for "red eye". What can you do about red everything, such as my face. That ole Georgia sun painted me as red as a turnip!

Got back OK from Hotlanta, trailer and all.
Glad you were able to meet Bob Cooper.
I felt very privileged to have several hours of his time over three days. There is a distinct possibility that he may want to collect "war stories" from veterans of the satellite industry to include in a future publication. Jog your memories about your craziest install, most memorable customer (from hell or angelic, or both)....anything that might border or pass on the outrageous. Have them ready to tell if a call comes in the near future for input from us all.

Coop has a large collection of media available for sale, detailing the history of this industry. Good from a historical standpoint as well as simply great technical references to give novices more background on various part sof the satellite industry. Visit his website at
www.bobcooper.tv

Now to deal with that peeling skin....my face is coming off!!!

Mike

mikekohl said:
Scott,

You've got correction abilities for "red eye". What can you do about red everything, such as my face. That ole Georgia sun painted me as red as a turnip! Now to deal with that peeling skin....my face is coming off!!!

Mike
Now you know how us southern folks got to be called "Red Necks"!
Of course that has nothing to do with why we're called "Red Necks"!

Al

Mike,

Glad you made it back in one piece (well except for your face falling off) :D

Yes it was indeed great to talk with Bob Cooper, I got a copy of his new book from him and started reading it today, and I got to admit it was hard to put down. :D

For those of you who dont like the Photo program we used to upload the files from remote I am happy to announce that you can now view all the photos (and I do mean ALL the photos) at http://www.satelliteguys.us/photos

You might notice some out of focus photos or many pictures of the same thing, I wanted to make sure I got good pictures of everything so I took a few pictures of items with the flash and then again without the flash. :)

Again the url is http://www.satelliteguys.us/photos

Scott,

I wouldn't give you any spoilers, but the last part of the new book in question will really open your eyes to how wild and crazy things were in the satellite industry in the latter 80s. A must-read for old timers that may have heard some rumors that sounded unbelievable---this account shows many of them to be true and then a lot more. I'll never think the same way about certain industry veterans again.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)