los issues with the 61.5 sat.

patsfan72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
western mass
i had a tech out today and he could not get good line los for the 61.5 sat.there is a wooded area behind my house that has really grown over the last couple years.my question is can i get signal from 129 or am i just screwed.they are sending out another guy monday to do the same thing the guy did today.ifi can't get signal do i have to pay to get out of my contract.i have turbo hd and most of my hd comes from that one sat.

Can you elevate the dish high enough to see over the trees?

Put it 20-30' up on a pole or such?

If you can get a signal from 129 (which I doubt you can in the northeast), you could get all your national HD channels from it. You wouldn't get locals.

i would need about a 40 ft pole to clear the trees,if they can't do anything i was told i could get out of the contract,don't really want comcast but that's the only other option.

i would need about a 40 ft pole to clear the trees,if they can't do anything i was told i could get out of the contract,don't really want comcast but that's the only other option.
Check out DirecTV. Their HD bird is higher on the Horizon. I almost went to them until I found out there was another location on my house that was clear.

Check out DirecTV. Their HD bird is higher on the Horizon. I almost went to them until I found out there was another location on my house that was clear.

Not in Mass., 61.5 is higher than satellites around 101.

129 in Mass, is going to be around 14-15 degrees elevation. Check out Dishpointer.com to see if you have tress in the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts