LOS or programing problem

radrb8

Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
I'm new here but have been learning alot from all the threads posted here. I've recently developed a problem with my HD signal and was wondering if someone could explain how I lose some HD signals but not others. For example, I can go to ESPN 9424 and have a great picture and about a 90-100 signal strength, but if I go to ESPN2, TNT or A&E I will lose signal and get alot of pixelation. LOS could be a problem because of the trees, but why does it work well on some stations and not others?

Well, TNT and ESPN are on 110. ESPN2 and A&E are on 61.5/129. Could be LOS, dish alignment or trans strength and weather. Check you transponder strengths. Go to each channel, then press Menu-6-1-1

ESPN 9424 comes off 110. The others are off of 129 or 61.5. Yu could have a LOS problem on 129. Call Dish and have them repeak the dish.

129 is lower to the horizon than 61.5. I had to get a second dish because of a huge pine tree. My installer realized the problem. Sounds like your's didn't.

Ive seen many that added a second or got Dish to, so you have an option. I personally just ordered a D500 that I will strictly for 129 and use my 1000.2 for 110 and 119. I do not have any problems right now, but I havent gotten much rain. Being we are heading into summer and hurricane season, I want to go ahead and get my SS's higher.

Or it could just be an issue of the dish is not aligned. Post some of you SS when you can.

Looks like 129 is the problem and I suspect it is a tree issue. Until about 2 wks [no leaves] ago we had no issues. SS is 91-93 on 110 but little or nothing on 129. gdarwin mentioned having the dish repeaked, what is that?

Just adjusting the sat to get the signals higher. My installer had me higher on 129 and 110 was low, I moved my dish back towards 110 and got them both pretty close. If 129 is aLOS problem, get them out regardless. They may give you an extra 500 for 61.5 instead.

repeaking a dish basicly means corrected its alignment so its aimed properly, call dish and tell them that over the last two weeks you have been loosing these channels as the tree's have been leafing out and that you want this issue addressed.

Where is 61.5 in relation to 129? Is it higher in the sky than 129? Its starting to look like I might have to make some adjustments with my chain saw, my property is three acres of woods so dropping a few trees or some creative pruning is no big deal.

I've just got Dish in February and bought the service package at $5.95 a month for repairs. With leaves filling in on a neighbors tree reception had gotten bad over the past couple months. I'm down to 50% of my signal. I get no channels now. Of 4 sats, my receive says only 119 is working. The others have a big red X (no signal). The CR tells me my warranty is over. And even with the service package, I'd still have to pay for a service call. In my opinion, the service guy should not have installed it in the winter unless he was certain the tree would not be a problem. I would have waited until now to get DISH service.

I've just got Dish in February and bought the service package at $5.95 a month for repairs. With leaves filling in on a neighbors tree reception had gotten bad over the past couple months. I'm down to 50% of my signal. I get no channels now. Of 4 sats, my receive says only 119 is working. The others have a big red X (no signal). The CR tells me my warranty is over. And even with the service package, I'd still have to pay for a service call. In my opinion, the service guy should not have installed it in the winter unless he was certain the tree would not be a problem. I would have waited until now to get DISH service.

dish has rule when the tech installs the system, he should clear atleast 10 degree from the tree line. the reason csr wont give you free service call is cause its past 90 days. call up csr and explain them the situation again. or also try the ceo@echostar.com

if they can't move your dish to other location. than they gone have to cancel the service. make sure u dont pay the cancelation fees.. if the job was done by the contractor make them pay for it........ you wont have to pay for it as long as you didnt sign that u knew about the los issue during the summer time.

Tech just came out and all is good! Luckily, we had a very wide opening in the tree line to install a second dish and move the HD to 61.5. By the way, this was done at no charge. Thanks everyone for their input and suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)