Losing 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drjake

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
This one has got me stumped. We have a customer who is having a problem. intermittently losing 110 on either his 508 or one of the inputs on his 721. It never hits more than one receiver or tuner at once and it hits lines that have diplexers and lines that do not, although one cable seems to have the problem more often than others (We replaced this cable when the problem first started). However, it seems to affect the 721 the most. When we run a switch test, it reports 119 only and DP Feed as the switch. If we connect the line to another receiver and run a switch test, it will typically correct itself. However if we change the inputs on the 721, it typically won't correct itself. We changed out the DP34 and the LNBs, and connectors on all of the cables. We are still having a problem though. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

How consistent is the problem? Try taking the 508 to your shop and see if the dropping 110 continues away from the customers location. If it continues it may be in the receivers them selves.

Its pretty intermittent, much more on the 721. The 508 is in the basement below the 721. I reversed the cables using diplexers so that what was originally feeding the 508 is now feeding the 721 and vice-versa. It seems to have reduced the problem. As I said one cable tends to create the problem more. However, it happens on more than one cable. Originally, I thought we had a bad batch of cables. Now I'm thinking that it probably is in the 721 and it is sending some spurious voltage that is impacting the DP34 and causing crazy things to happen. The only other thing that could be a possibility is that there is a large subwoofer nearby the walljacks for the 721. I am wondering if something magnetic is causing a problem (sounds crazy to me though). We replaced the cable that causes the problem most often and the problem still cropped up.

boba said:
How consistent is the problem? Try taking the 508 to your shop and see if the dropping 110 continues away from the customers location. If it continues it may be in the receivers them selves.

sounds like the 721 to me, 721 is sensitive to certain setups,(diplexer may be confusing the 721)
also could be a 721 tuner going bad(a known issue)

If both receivers are doing it then I would look elsewhere than the receivers but it does not hurt to take the receivers to a satellite that you know is functioning properly to test them. The diplexers may be causing an issue. Try taking out the diplexers to see if the problem still happens by connecting a barrel connector to connect the wires together, which bypasses the diplexers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)