Losing all my local HD's after 11:30pm

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I use a LA address to get LA locals and everything has worked fine for the last two years. The last three nights the guide shows "Off Air" for all my local HD channels after 11:30 and goes black. The SD locals still show their program description, but I have never been able to get SD locals.
Anyone know what the hell is going on?

That is f'ed up. With no local HD here in Vegas I guess I'll have to cancel and go with COX cable. Pisses me off, why do they have to mess with a good thing.

Wow, that sucks. I live in Springfield MO. I had "moved" to LA too. So I guess I will move back to Springfield MO since I can get HD locals now if I get the wing dish for Eastern Arc. After I upgrade to EA with the 77w dish are all the locals on that sat. CONUS? I found a place in Ohio where I can get the Cincinnati locals in HD and also get the Cavs games in HD. (If it's CONUS.)

Las Vegas HD Locals

That is f'ed up. With no local HD here in Vegas I guess I'll have to cancel and go with COX cable. Pisses me off, why do they have to mess with a good thing.

A simple external antenna will allow reception of all of the Vegas HD channels. You may even have a shot at getting them all with a good inside antenna.

A simple external antenna will allow reception of all of the Vegas HD channels. You may even have a shot at getting them all with a good inside antenna.

There are some locations in Henderson where you'll have a hill blocking your view of the towers, and you can't pick them up OTA. But most locations in the valley can receive Las Vegas locals OTA.

I've tried a few different antennas. I live in Seven Hills so I have never been able to get a constistent signal for anything other than CBS.
The LA local HD's work fine all day until 11:30pm when they all go black. It will say "off air" on the guide about an hour before. Almost like the black out is scheduled.
I've heard the Las Vegas HD locals are set to launch for over a year now. I'll believe it when I see it, plus I'll miss my Dodgers every night

I've tried a few different antennas. I live in Seven Hills so I have never been able to get a constistent signal for anything other than CBS.
The LA local HD's work fine all day until 11:30pm when they all go black. It will say "off air" on the guide about an hour before. Almost like the black out is scheduled.
I've heard the Las Vegas HD locals are set to launch for over a year now. I'll believe it when I see it, plus I'll miss my Dodgers every night
Well, LA HD moved to spotbeam this morning. Have you checked to see if you receive them still. There should not be any "Off Air" now that this has happened.

I live in LA and this is happening to me...

Last night, for the second night in a row, at 11:30pm my HD locals all went off air. I was watching the news on 007-00 (ABC HD) and at 11:30pm sharp the screen went black with a message saying that is was an unavailable special event and to push channel up or down to go to the next channel. This showed on all of the HD local channels - I seem to have multiple local HD channels for CBS/NBC/ABC. Calling up the guide shows the stations as "Off Air" till about 1:30am or so. I don't stay up to check them but on yesterday morning and today they were back on. The SD stations were coming in fine. I live in Los Angeles and have my address listed as same.

Glad to see I'm not crazy. Hopefully JohnH is correct and it will work fine from now on. Tough to go to sleep without Jimmy Kimmel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)