Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

. I only have the 722k but for me to have the same thing w/D* I would need 2 of the HR 24's. Reason is the HR 24 can only record 2 things at once where as the 722k can record 4. .
722k can only record 4 things at once IF you have the OTA Module, and then its 4 only if 2 of the 4 are OTA.
And your not sharing it with another room.

For a Single room 722k is fine.
I wouldn't ever want it to serve 2 rooms. Because then is sucks!

If I go w/the 250 package it will just be 55 per month then 65 the 2nd yr. Yes I will go from 30 a month to 45 but that's allot better than the prices you are talking about. This isn't being a fan boy just stating that D* will cost me more per yr even w/ the new customer discounts & I would lose several HD channels. It is only an advantage to stay with E* at least for the 1st yr. I guess that I would get some more RSN's for my area from D* and that might make a difference to some, it won't to me (I don't watch sports).
In your case, I wouldn't switch either.
If your happy, then stay.

Whats wrong with subscribing to Dish America?
Are they dropping them too?

I see another site was foubting if the information posted here was real as was the copy of the letter that was posted.

I confirmed with DISH that YES HD Absolute is going away.

DISH was actually losing money on it over the last year and it was also an issue for them in contract talks with programmers who wanted customers to get all their feeds (HD and SD.)

It was an EXCELLENT deal for the many years it was available.

To the other site doubting the information, you should never doubt our information here at SatelliteGuys.US, after all you guys seem to copy and paste our information over there anyways so I don't understand the doubt. They were even doubting the price increase press release which was sent to me by Marc Lumpkin of DISH Networks PR department.

When people want the real satellite news they come to SatelliteGuys first... even the other guys do. :D

Has anyone actually called to see what kind of "credit" they are offering for 12 months? Is it on any package you choose, or only the Top 200 they are offering?

The HD for Life - is this no strings attached? ( No $99 fee, or new 2 year commitment)

722k can only record 4 things at once IF you have the OTA Module, and then its 4 only if 2 of the 4 are OTA.
And your not sharing it with another room.

For a Single room 722k is fine.
I wouldn't ever want it to serve 2 rooms. Because then is sucks!

Well, it might suck in some cases. But if you have the little Sling box and an iPad, you can have Dish in any room in HD. :)

I just got a call. They offer an additional $10 off plus HD Platinum free for 12 months. So after 12 months my bill will increase by $20.

Well, it might suck in some cases. But if you have the little Sling box and an iPad, you can have Dish in any room in HD. :)
Don't get me wrong , I loved my 722k.
Thats why I had 2 of them and a 612. For 3 rooms, sometimes 4 if needed.

I used a 722 in Single Mode ONLY in my Living room, and the Other 722 was split bettween the 2 kids bedrooms, and that cuased a number of fights when someone wanted to record something..:)
My 612 I used in my Bedroom.

I have the 722k in single mode in the front room for me, my son has the 612 in his room. We both have very different viewing patterns and shows, so that makes it work for us.

While I haven't yet got the Sling adapter, I most likely will as it will give me a 'TV' in my bedroom using the iPad. Pretty cheap way to get TV and from reading it works pretty good.

I just got a call this morning saying that they were discontinuing the absolute package.
A few months ago, they did the same thing. At that time, several forum members agreed to switch over to other packages. Those that didn't still have the absolute package.
Wonder what happens this time if you don't select a package.

I just got a call this morning saying that they were discontinuing the absolute package.
A few months ago, they did the same thing. At that time, several forum members agreed to switch over to other packages. Those that didn't still have the absolute package.

Read the first post.

Since this time we are all receiving the letters pretty much think it's real this time. Depending on if I get the new eng job at a local station will decide if I just transition to the 200 or get the 250. As far as prem movies I'm gonna get those on line.

I just got the letter today. Been somewhat dreading this day. I say 'somewhat' because Absolute doesn't quite give me all I want but everything else is so much more expensive that I couldn't justify jumping out of it.

Channels I don't get now that I'll be looking forward to:
FSN
Fox News

Channels that my wife will be looking forward to:
BBC America (she's British)

Channels my kids will be looking forward to:
Nickelodeon
Disney

And there are equipment issues as well. I've been waiting for a long time for a true whole house DVR solution like what DirecTV has now but by the time they were offering it, I was in Absolute and couldn't justify that price increase from the Absolute package. I still need to look at this a bit closer because I'm not fully familiar with DirecTV or how their MRV setup works/costs but because of I can't sit on Absolute anymore, there's a good chance I'll be jumping to DirecTV even if the cost difference is slightly more. Not because I'm angry at DishNetwork, but because DirecTV better suites my needs if the monthly price is anywhere near being close to each other.

In the end, I know I'll be paying more either way but am getting things that I've missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)