Losing HD channels after receiver reset

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aman00

Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
I just installed a 5LNB KA/KU dish. When I align the dish and dither, I get signal on the 101/110/119 fine, but nothing on the 99 or 103.

Once I reset the receiver, I get the 99 and 103 fine, and the HD channels work, but they I lose these satellites about 10 minutes after the reset. Then I also lose the HD channels.

If i reset the receiver again, i get the HD channels back for 10 minutes, and the cycle repeats. Any idea what would be causing this?

I have a B band converter and all my signal strengths are good. HD channels from 72-76 always work, as do all the standard def channels. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Aaron

I just installed a 5LNB KA/KU dish. When I align the dish and dither, I get signal on the 101/110/119 fine, but nothing on the 99 or 103.

Once I reset the receiver, I get the 99 and 103 fine, and the HD channels work, but they I lose these satellites about 10 minutes after the reset. Then I also lose the HD channels.

If i reset the receiver again, i get the HD channels back for 10 minutes, and the cycle repeats. Any idea what would be causing this?

I have a B band converter and all my signal strengths are good. HD channels from 72-76 always work, as do all the standard def channels. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Aaron

I would start the dish pointing over again .....
The HD channels from 72-76 should work as they come off the mpeg 2 feed, I don't recall for sure, but I would guess it's the 101 or 110 for those, could look it up if you need to know for sure.
However, all your other HD channels come off the new sats, the 99 and 103.

Re point your dish, lock on to the 101 first, then check your signal on the 99 and 103, then dither.
Recheck your signals once done.

Thanks for your reply!

I've reaimed the dish 3 times. Each time I get the channels when the receiver resets, but they go away after about 10 minutes. The dish must be aimed fine or I wouldn't be able to get these channels initially, correct? As soon as I reset the receiver the HD channels are back and working perfectly. This seems very strange to me.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

H21-200 probably means it is a refurb seeing H22/23 are current production. Call D* ask for Tech support and explain your problem my first guess is a receiver problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts