Losing local channels

marsha18

Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
We have a DP 34 switch which is giving us error messages all the time. We have now lost our local channels and are only getting satellite 119, never 105 or 110. Had 129 for a while and everything was fine. Now, not fine any more and no 129 on the second feed. Can you buy new switches if that is the problem? I am totally unknowledgeable about this stuff. Also, when the technicians come out is there a charge? My husband is an electrician and pretty savvy so we were wondering if we could do it ourselves. Any thoughts?

You could buy the DP34 switch on eBay or buy it new from Dishstore.net. It's just a matter of marking the connectors and replacing the switch. But how do you know the problem is the switch? It could be a problem with the lnb, bad cable or bad connector.

Try moving the cables in this order:

Port 1 to 119
Port 2 to 110
Port 3 to 129

and run check switch on all the receivers. Menu, 6, 1, 1. Check switch. Look at the results and make sure the 3 satellites are all green.

Dish Network will charge you if they send a technician. Come back for more help, I'm pretty sure someone will figure out if the problem is the switch but let's start by making that change at the switch and running check switch.

Thanks RandallA! My husband is working out of town alot right now, but will check into this as soon as able.

Yeah I would do as Randal said and check connections etc, before buying a new switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)