Losing Locals Mapping intermittently

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I have my ViP622 (L441) set to map HD preference. The guide should be and has been up until this point as follows:

KDFW: Channel 4 (mapped from 6386)
KXAS: Channel 5 (mapped from 6385)
WFAA: Channel 8 (mapped from 6383)
KTVT: Channel 11 (mapped from 6384)

Now, the STANDARD def versions are mapped to those locations. I can only access the HD versions by going to the 6300's. I tried rebooting---no help. I tried changing the channel display from "HD preference" to "HD and SD", then back again with no change. (BTW: while I briefly had it set to "HD and SD", only the SD versions were visible in the mapped range).

Anyone know what's going on?

Just got off the phone with tech support...

Really weird...

I knew something was amiss when my phone number (of 9 years) was not recognized by the automated system. Fortunately the account number was.

When I got a tech, I explained that I'd called about 1 issue, but I wanted to correct the problem with the unrecognized phone number and also to address the following issue:

Earlier today, my wife was home alone and said someone drove up on our property. At my remote location, if you drive up to my house, you're either lost, invited, or up to no good. The gentleman claimed to be with a satellite installer (my wife didn't recall the name) and that he was here to fix the problem we had with our dish. She told him we had no problems. He had an invoice with my name on it, but he claimed he didn't have our phone number (hence the reason he didn't call prior to coming). The dogs were none too happy and he didn't know she had at least 2 hand guns within her reach while he spoke with her in our doorway. My wife was suspicious of the whole story, so she sent him on his way.

So when I called the tech, I asked if there was an outstanding work order for me. She said yes, it is for Wednesday, in fact. I told her I was not having issues (until now) and that must be an error. I asked her why my phone number was unrecognized. She quoted the number in my file which is way off. It's a Nebraska number. The address (physical & billing) were both incorrect as well. She showed that "I" changed all of the aforementioned today! She had the "old" information still available, so all she had to do was confirm it for me again. "Miraculously" the mapping was instantly corrected. I could understand how I'd lose my locals if someone changed my physical address, but why would it only effect the mapping. The HD locals were still my correct DFW DMA locals in the 6300 range, they just weren't mapping to the lower numbers. She said that if someone moved the higher numbers wouldn't change immediately.

Due to her concern and mine she added a password to my account before any changes can be made.

I just assumed that someone tried to "move", but went about it all wrong. She said the problem on the work order was that "the customer stated his dish got tilted and he was unable to align it again and was unable to get 119"

Weird. But all is working fine now. She was very fast and helpful.

maybe somebody had "moved" to an address similar to yours and "moved" back when they needed a service call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)