Losing signal after 1000.4 EA install

prashp1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
CT
Hello. On Sunday morning the DN tech came by and installed the 1000.4 dish. I now have 61.5, 72, 77, and 118.7.

Then Monday morning I lost 61.5 signal and there was a message on the screen saying "You don't have to call us. We are aware of this problem. Your local channels are not available. Press "Guide" and watch non-local channels."

Then Monday evening I call DN Tech Support and the tech told me to unplug the power inserter and plug it back in. After this I got my local channels back.

But this morning I have lost the signal again.

What could be causing this issue?

Give us more info...
-Was the 'you don't have to call' error message a 'popup' window or was it an actual video feed?
-What satellite are your locals from? Are you getting other channels from that satellite or are they gone too?

My neighbor had a 1000.4 installed and the installer had the skew off by 10 degrees so she was losing 61.5 with just the slightest rain fade (or even a gust of wind). After I set the skew to its correct setting, the signal strength for the 61.5 and 77 was much higher.

I suspect the 'unplug the inserter' was just generic problem solving... They make everybody do that in the first step. ...doesn't really sound like they did any troubleshooting with you.

Give us more info...
-Was the 'you don't have to call' error message a 'popup' window or was it an actual video feed?
-What satellite are your locals from? Are you getting other channels from that satellite or are they gone too?

My neighbor had a 1000.4 installed and the installer had the skew off by 10 degrees so she was losing 61.5 with just the slightest rain fade (or even a gust of wind). After I set the skew to its correct setting, the signal strength for the 61.5 and 77 was much higher.

I suspect the 'unplug the inserter' was just generic problem solving... They make everybody do that in the first step. ...doesn't really sound like they did any troubleshooting with you.

The 'you don't have to call' error message seemed like a video feed but I think it was more like a 'popup' since I got locals back after tech call.
Locals are from 61.5 satellite. I am not getting any channels from that satellite.

did you have the 61.5 before? what were your signal strengths before? what are your signal strengths now? on your locals check the strength hit menu 6,1,1 it should be around 50-60. you probably just have a low signal at the 61.5.

The 'you don't have to call' error message seemed like a video feed but I think it was more like a 'popup' since I got locals back after tech call.
Locals are from 61.5 satellite. I am not getting any channels from that satellite.
That sceeen is actually being generated and displayed inside the receiver.

Yes I would ask them to come back and repoint your dish.

Also if you lose a channel like that switch off the channel then switch back when you get the searching for signal screen. sometimes you just have to re -tune. don't do this in the guide just hit channel up then channel down on your remote the channels you are missing should tune in.

did you have the 61.5 before? what were your signal strengths before? what are your signal strengths now? on your locals check the strength hit menu 6,1,1 it should be around 50-60. you probably just have a low signal at the 61.5.

I had 61.5 before on dish 500. But the DN tech moved the dish since this was a 1000.4 bigger dish then dish 500. After he left on Sunday I didn't had time to look at the signal strength.

Did it not fit where your old 500 was? he should have just put it where your 110/119 dish was at. That's what my installer did. If you weren't having problems with the 61.5 before then you shouldn't have problems now.

Did it not fit where your old 500 was? he should have just put it where your 110/119 dish was at. That's what my installer did. If you weren't having problems with the 61.5 before then you shouldn't have problems now.

Right, it was not fitting where the 500 was. My 110/119 dish also has 118.7 for International channels because some of them are not on 61.5 satellite.

I hope they used a DPP44 switch! Not sure if you can run the 118.7 into the 1000.4 as that is FSS band. I am assuming that only the 118.7 is being used off the 500+ dish.

They do installs like this all the time for eastern arc new subs , who want internationals too. Eastern arc dish + dish 500 + with just the 118 lnb plugged into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)